Feeling lost and unsure

New here and first want to say hello. Ok now for rant or whatever.

Starting off I’ve been feeling miserable lately, the whole not enough time for anything shitty schedule and feel like no way out. Usually ending with feeling better of dead, there is no way I would ever act on that, I’m lucky I have alot of reasons for living and wouldn’t actually want to be gone, but it feels like it would be so much better.

I have recently started a new job on 2nd shift and the hours are draining me, no time to spend with wife and dogs, no time to get the many things I need done at home, no time for myself. I get plenty of sleep but none of it is restful. I cant change shifts with company, I like the work but hate the schedule. I want to find new work for the schedule change in itself. I was working part time for 6 years to help take care of a sick family member who passed and went back to fulltime, the first place I went I found out I was allergic to straw which was used in their product, I held out as long as I could seeing if it would get better but didnt so I left for current job. I’m worried working at one place for a couple monthes and now new place for 3 monthes it will affect my hireabilty having been “jumping around” from jobs. I feel absolutely stuck.

I’m retreating myself from everything, it’s not fair to my wife, I dont want to talk to anyone, do anything, or exist right now. We don’t see each other much and when we do I just retreat inside my head. My personality doesn’t bring me to talking about issues I’m having even with my wife, it’s very hard for me. I found this outlet which makes it easier to speak becuase I’m not facing anyone or know anyone and no one knows me. I’m just hoping for some guidance from someone in similar situations.

Thank you for letting say my peice, I guess back to bed I go.

Last sorry for typos or possible phrase that make no sense, typing from my phone and it never seems to go as planned.

First of all, it is a great start to open up!

I’ve been bouncing between a lots of different jobs back and forth. It takes time to find just the right for you.

I know it will be hard, but please. Talk to your wife. I’m sure she will understand. You both promised to be with each other for the better and the worst. I know it’s going to be hard thing to do, but I’m sure it will help you out to talk out loud. I’m sure your wife supports you. :heart:

I’m sorry for my grammar, english isn’t my first or even my second language.

Wish you for the best :heart:

1 Like

I hear you on 2nd shift being draining. I also understand how you are concerned about quitting this job for another and fearing that might make you look like you are “jumping around” from job to job. However, you have to look at the picture as a whole. If the schedule is affecting your life that much, I think you deserve to try to find a job with better hours. What do you have to lose? If your resume really stands out, I would think that would at least get your foot in the door. If they ask about the frequent job changes, just be honest with them. The reasons are legit. It wasn’t your fault that you were allergic to the straw at the one job. And if 2nd shift really isn’t working out for you, it is going to continue taking a toll on you. If I were an employer, I’d understand these things.

I know it’s hard to talk to people. But I think it would help to just be honest with your wife. Tell her what’s really going on and how the job hours are affecting you.

When we are in difficult situations, it can seem like things will never get better. But things can get better. There is always hope. Keep holding onto that.

1 Like

Thank you both for good advice, I really needed to get this off my chest and that helped alot to take some of the stress out of the situation. Hearing positive and encouraging feed back helps even more. Thank you both very much!

1 Like