Feeling More Depressed than Ever

Hey All. Usually I would be supporting people but truly I can’t right now.

My current girlfriend broke up with me today at work and it has honestly made me feel depressed, hopeless, and worthless.

I thought this was the person God had for me, but apparently not.

I question God that if he has a plan for all of us then why would he take her away… We were so happy until this…

She knew I was at work but opted to do it while I was clocking out and that is when one of my managers found me crying my eyes out…

I want to say that God is good, but truly…I can’t…

3 Likes

I’m so very sorry to hear you are going through this. I can only imagine how upset you must feel. You may even question your trust with God’s plan based on your current circumstance. Unexpected events such as breakups are heartbreaking and can hurt so much. I too struggle with breakups and will often find myself lamenting to God about it. I questioned and yelled in anger to Him. However, the more I released, the greater the release. In the end, God wants ALL of you and will always listen to what you have to say. His plan for you isn’t always what’s convenient to us in the present. At times, His plan is on hold until we choose to allow Him to be involved in our intimate relationships. He gives us the frightening ability to choose as we will which is why life can often be as challenging as it is. Openly expressing your thoughts and feelings is the path to healing.

I’m probably the last person you want to hear from but I can’t stand seeing you like this. You’re not worthless. You’re a good person and you deserve better, I know that for a fact. You’re beautiful. Don’t give up. You’ve saved me from myself multiple times and it’s made me a stronger person. Had you not been there I can honestly say that my family would’ve found me hanging from the ceiling that day. Anyone would be lucky to have you. You have a purpose and everything will come in due time. Good things come to those who wait. Just please don’t give up. If you need someone to talk to, you have my number (Or maybe not?) I’ll always be here for you. No matter what :purple_heart::orange_heart:

Hey @DuckMakesThings,

I am so sorry to hear about your breakup and how it happened. I see you giving so much support and love in this community. You have a giant heart. But now you’ll need some time to find some peace again.

You are not worthless, friend. But how you feel is understandable. When something hurtful and unexpected happens, we’re likely to question our own value, also our faith or beliefs. We crave for meaning. I’ve been there, and still am somehow. It’s hard to feel divided in our heart and not having the answers we need. Just keep in mind that time plays an important role when we’re hurting. Your heart will need time my friend, and grace.

You may feel lost right now, not knowing how to go through this, but know that we’re all here for you too if you need to talk.

Rooting for you. :hrtlegolove: