Feeling stuck and useless

I may only be 18, but right now I feel so god damn stuck. I’ve lost all my motivation to do the things that used to bring me joy. I am a youth leader, but of recently I haven’t been in about 2 months. I’ve also dropped out of uni as I just wasn’t coping. I feel like a failure for not being able to even complete a year of uni. My family is disappointed in me, and I’ve been doing stupid things to cope.

EDIT: Also I used to reach out to friends, but I’ve lost so many. I live in a bubble now, except the HS streams.

I don’t know why I bothered to write this. I thought it might help to get my thoughts out, but did it?

1 Like

Hang in there friend!
I am 25 and never went to college or university.
There are pressures in life that say you have to do things and accomplish things at specific ages.
But that’s not right everyone accomplish things at their own time and pace.
For example Stan Lee (a famous comic book creator) didn’t create his first comic until he was 39!
What I do is stay positive and keep doing the things that I love.
I know that one day I’ll figure it out too and so will you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Izzy.

I’m sorry that you are struggling right now. That’s hard. You know what? It’s perfectly normal and human to struggle through these kinds of things. You shouldn’t beat yourself up so much my friend. You may have had to drop out of uni for now, but that doesn’t make you a failure.

Is there something you feel you could do to help work towards making you feel better? What makes you happy? What do you enjoy? What would you like to be doing?

Is there a therapist that you can talk to, to help work with you through what you are going through right now and help you get back on track?

Or maybe you just need a little time off to recoup and that’s okay too! What kinds of things would help you get in a better head space? Do you need some time off to go spend with a family member, friend or loved one to just clear your head and get back re-centered?

I’ve been struggling since January. I hide away a lot. I’ve been really struggling. So I’ll be going and staying with a close friend for almost a month to just re-collect myself and take some much needed time to relax my brain.

I’m sorry that I don’t have something more helpful. But I hope that you are able to find something in someone or something that will bring you the strength and motivation that you need to get back on track so you can feel better about yourself and your future.

Find something you love and are passionate about and devote some time to that. <3

Much love you to.

• Kitty
2 Likes