Feeling worthless

I feel like I’m drowning… I feel like the entire world is zooming right past me and I am standing still… Please help…

1 Like

Hi there Lostgirl18! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

I just wanted to come in and say that you are not worthless.
Your accomplishments, or lack thereof, do not get to determine your worth as a valuable and unique human being.
It really sucks when it feels like everyone and everything seems to be progressing while you feel like you’re going no where. :broken_heart:

When I get these feelings, I like to think about Redwood trees and how they slowly grow taking centuries to grow into their iconic selves. And it helps remind me that I need to be patient with myself in all areas of my life—personal growth, my career, etc.

Do what you can each day, and take it one day at a time. You can do it! :sparkling_heart:

-Deer

Thank you… I’ve done so much good in this world between my articles and my autobiography, but it will never be good enough… It just doesn’t seem like enough for anyone

You are so welcome!

You know what they say: We artists are often our worst critics. :joy:
It’s awesome that you’re actually doing that kind of stuff - publishing articles and even writing an autobiography! That’s incredible!

And sometimes, we don’t get the reception or appreciation we want with the work we create. It sucks, but please don’t let that stop you from creating more, or allow the lack of appreciation to have a say in your worth.
Plus, there’s always at least one person out there who reads or sees the work you’re making and finds value and a connection with it. :sparkling_heart:

I try to remind myself that not everything I do is going to be as hot as a pancake. But that doesn’t make what I create, our even myself as a person, worthless.

You and the work you do are definitely good enough! :sparkling_heart:

-Deer

That is soooo good to hear… I’m 5 years clean from self harm and it’s so hard not to pick up a blade… Everything is falling apart… Just when it was getting good again…

Congratulations on being clean for 5 years! That’s awesome! :tada::tada::tada:
Sometimes, life is wild and one minute everything is great, and then another it’s just falling to pieces. And those low parts of our lives can be very frustrating to battle our way through. But please know that things will get better (again!)
:sparkling_heart:

Coming here to heart support is definitely a really great and healthy outlet to vent these frustrations out and to find hope and encouragement. Hang in there friend. :sparkling_heart:

-Deer

1 Like

Hey @Lostgirl18
You may be drowning, but a lot of us here are drowning with you. You are not alone, and you are NOT worthless, trust me. We say we love you and we need you, but no one will ever be able to love and understand you the way you can. Who else can see through your eyes and feel your heart pushing blood through you? You are not worthless. Find something to prove yourself to it, a hobby, anything. Get good at it, distract yourself with it. The world belongs to you too.

Stay strong <3

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re feeling like this, I’m in a bit of a rut at the moment myself, but this community is what’s stopping me from going completely under right now. Have you looked into Dwarf Planet? It’s helped a lot of people with their depression and I’ve done a few chapters and loved it. I don’t know if it might be of use to you?

Hold fast
Kayla

1 Like

I have heard of Dwarf Planet. My hobby is my career! I am a journalist, a writer working on my autobiography. It’s almost finished and I have to send it off for evaluation and publication. I just made the last payment on the 31st

Thank you. It’s been a rough journey so far and the desire to ruin everything I have built in the last year is a strong one but I need to get back in the saddle for lack of better words and continue to be tough. I have a line on an interview for a London based Electro Rock band but I am waiting to hear back right now. I need this to get me back in the game and find some light in my sea of darkness

1 Like

You are so welcome!

Having a career in a creative field is definitely a difficult adventure full of rough patches and stress. :broken_heart:
And sometimes, we just need to take a breather, have a good long cry and nap, and then we can bounce back with an unmatched ferocity to kick some butt!!
\ \ \٩(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و/ / /

I hope everything works out with your interview! An electro rock band based out of London sounds super rad!
And I hope that you will be blessed with more and more opportunities. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! It’s the push I need to get back on the grind. Thank you for speaking with me!

Hey @Lostgirl18,

I really get this feeling. I struggle a lot with self worth- just please know you can overcome this. It takes time and work but it can be done. We believe in you and we are here for you no matter what.

You are important.

You are loved.

You deserve to be happy.

You deserve to live.

You deserve all the good things.

You deserve friendship.

You are so valued.

You are strong.

Hold fast, we believe in you.

With love,
Lyss (ur old pal Blurryface)

1 Like