Finally, I Have It

I went to the campus psychiatrist yesterday for my diagnostic appointment. And I did it. I have a diagnosis. Those are as follows:

1. ADHD Combined
  2. Clinically Significant Depression
  3. PTSD
  4. Social Phobia (trauma based)

Having a diagnosis feel good. Even if it’s a bit more than I anticipated. I know what to research now and what to look for in articles and things. I’m on my way to living how I want. Will this mean medication? Will this start to repair the relationship I have with my dad? I don’t know the answers to those questions, but hopefully I’ll know them in due time.

6 Likes

woo congrats on getting the diagnosis!

I hope that having a name for things, and knowing what to research will bring you greater comfort and support! Thanks for sharing, and we are here for the new journeys ahead!

2 Likes

@FaeTheProud
I am sooo pleased for you friend. It is such a great feeling to have a diagnosis for the things that have been plagueing you for a long time. Its hard not to feel like a fake when you feel like you are forever bothering a doctor and you don’t officially have anything.
I think this really is the beginning of new things for you and I couldnt be happier or more excitied to hear about the future. Best of luck. Lisa x

1 Like

Hi friend,

I am so glad that you got what you wanted out of the appointment and that it has given you some clarity. Having a diagnosis feels empowering because it allows you to ask the right questions and access the right support.

I hope that in time it helps you to solve those other questions, but in the meantime, all I wish you is some peace of mind.

x

1 Like