Back to heartsupport

Finally told my mom

After probably 2 years of suffering from anxiety, social anxiety, depression and being afraid to speak out in general. I finally told my mom about my depression, im going to get checked on sunday. Wish me luck!

6 Likes

Well done for telling her :heart: good luck

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it a lot.

1 Like

That is so good, well done and I wish you well with your appointment. You have made such a huge step forward. I’m so pleased.
Lisa :heart:

2 Likes

That’s so amazing, @Inferno. Taking this step so scary but you’ve done it! I hope you’ll reward yourself for that today. You deserve it.

Best of luck for Sunday as well. This is the beginning of a potentially very healing journey for you. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I’m proud of you for telling your mom. Good luck

2 Likes

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much it means to me!

1 Like

It is truly terrifying, just the thought of it made me scared. But I’ve done it now! I’m not going to lie, my heart was pumping during that conversation!

3 Likes

Paladin thank you so much! It means the world to me.

1 Like

That is great. I am really pround of you. I hope everything goes well. I wish you luck. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Inferno

This is THE most important thing you can do for yourself. Therapy will not work if you lie, because if the therapist doesn’t know EVERYTHING you’re thinking and feeling, then meds or any type of coping skills they focus on for you will not be as effective or even work at all.

This is unfortunately what happens to a lot of people who start therapy.

So, very proud of you for talking to your mother. What an awesome first step! :hrtlegolove:

I don’t like lying, It basically just does nothing. Your right, If a therapist doesn’t know everything about you, the coping methods or medicines wont work.

2 Likes

Well thank you! It means a lot.

1 Like

To clarify: I am not getting a therapist, I am going to the doctor to make sure I have depression.

1 Like

That is also good. It is the first step to get better.

2 Likes

To clarify: I am not getting a therapist, I am going to the doctor to make sure I have depression.

Well, that’s a first step, and an important one. Getting a proper diagnosis is necessary.

I hope your appointment went or will be going well today (8pm for me right here :stuck_out_tongue:). You’re in my thoughts. You got this. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Well It’s definitely a start! Not just gonna get meds immediately.

1 Like

I’m so proud of you for reaching out to get help. This is an extremely hard thing to do but you conquered it! I hope everything goes well and you find some peace. Hold fast. :heart:

1 Like

Well, that’s good. Medications are not an obligation, but an option if things get too hard. Basically, it’s like a crutch that helps you do the work on yourself, with therapy essentially. Meds don’t do the work in itself/don’t work as a treatment. So, taking your time first to figure out where you’re at, with the help of your doctor, is definitely a good thing.

Well done again for these steps. You got this. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like