Finding Inspiration

Something that always helped me was trying to find a source of inspiration. Whether it was through my faith, music, a story, an experience, or something else, it would help me keep things in perspective and give me that motivation I was looking for. My love for music is actually what lead me to heartsupport. I watched Mike Hranica’s video he did for heartsupport which lead me to watching one of Jake’s. Another person that has inspired me greatly is Robert Downey Jr. I think a lot of that inspiration could be attributed to the parallels between his past and mine (minus the multimillionaire part lol). It’s amazing to me seeing where he was at a handful of years before he became Iron Man on the big screen.

Anyways, if you’re reading this and looking to be inspired, find out what inspires you and use it to keep moving forward.

4 Likes

Hey @KTheisen21,

If I could love this post 10 times I’d do it. I found that, in the midst of depression, what I was missing the most wasn’t happiness but inspiration. Just a little spark of life. My heart craves for a fuel that would give it energy and passion. But with this invisible veil in front of it, it gets really hard sometimes to reach something different than numbness or despair. Though the most valuable inspiration I ever found was always through people. As you said, their stories, but also their values and unique way to see the world around us. It’s freaking powerful to feel this kind of connection that just goes beyond words or explanations.

“The question is not what you look at, but what you see”.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. It is inspiring. :hrtlovefist:

2 Likes

Creating art and wanting to make videos and stream gaming used to inspire me. But after my last relationship (very emotionally taxing) I lost all inspiration and all drive to do anything. After ending the relationship after almost 3 years, I thought I’d get it all back… but it’s been 2 years now and although I’m so much happier, I still have no drive or inspiration for doing anything I want. I don’t even know what I want to do in life anymore. All my goals in life fled and are now seemingly lost forever. I dont even know how to find inspiration anymore or drive… and I just feel so stuck in the same place

1 Like

@Micro Thanks for the input, I really enjoyed reading it and the way you put it into context. I find myself at low points in life just craving that spark that will light the fire that i need to persevere.

Stories, experiences, and values really have helped me during difficult times. As you mentioned, the power to feel these kinds of connections are indescribable. The only words I can think of to possibly describe it is divine intervention.

I especially enjoyed the quote you replied with. It reminded me of an inspirational/hope based verse in the Bible - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

“Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and monetary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

1 Like

That’s beautiful @KTheisen21. Thank you so much for sharing. :hrtlovefist:

@ShortOne - This spark of inspiration will get back. Maybe not as it was before or through the same things you were used to enjoy. Even though it’s been a long time you’ve been missing it, don’t give up on hope, friend. What you’ve been through was tough. You’re also learning to heal. And while doing so, sometimes inspiration can be found through the simplest things and enjoyments of life. For example, I find spending time in nature very helpful to get inspired, to reconnect to our human condition and just focus on what is simple but tangible. Seasons, cycles, growth. Give yourself the time you need friend. Allow yourself to breathe, to feel. Maybe give a try to something new. Your spark will come back naturally whenever you’ll feel ready. :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.