First Post, an introduction to me

Hi community,

I’m posting here because I’m at my wits end. So first, a little about me:

I am 33, overweight, Male. I have severe ADHD, type 2 bipolar, and major depression. I am medicated, in therapy, and trying to hold my life and relationships together.

I grew up an only child, relatively spoiled but always very sensitive. I have two prior attempts at suicide in my teens as well as a brief stay in a mental health facility.

When I was growing up, especially when my mental health started deteriorating, it was a general victory just getting through each day for everyone around me as well as myself.

I learned that my survival mechanisms of my younger years have crippled my emotional intelligence. Not only that, but I used to think I was a good person, but now I question that every day.

I don’t know how to change, I’m trying to read books, talk with my therapist, but I can’t maintain anything in my life except my job.

I feel lost, alone, like a failure, a bad partner, a bad person, angry, sad, and so scared all the time.

3 Likes

@Vehemens

Hi. Nice to meet you. I hope you feel loved by this community. I’m sorry you gone through those experiences. It is okay to feel those feelings. However, they don’t define you. You are stronger than you think. Keep fighting. Keep improving. I hope you will feel better after the holiday season. Thank you for sharing your story. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.