First Therapy

Hi everyone. :heart:

Today I had my first therapy session. I was a bit nervous at first but I got ever it fairly quickly. I did not open up about everything and left a lot of things vague but I guess there is a time and a place for that. I am not yet sure about how I feel about it but I guess it was pretty ok. I am just glad that things are moving in a direction somewhere… :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Ashwell, That is brilliant
I am so pleased. the first one is always a bit nervy but it sounds like you did great. Sure its going to take time to get comfortable enought to really open up and hopefully you will feel comfortable enough to do so in time. But today is a huge step forward. I cant tell how proud I am of you and happy I am for you. Onwards and Upwards and we are with you all the way.
Much Love as always. :heart:

2 Likes

Hey! I’m so happy for you!! X3
The first times are always vague, it will defiently get easier over time!
This is a new but big step, keep your head high because you’re defiently getting somewhere ^~^
When’s your next appointment? I kinda hate how short yet long they are lol
-X

2 Likes

Thank you Lisa. Appreciate it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi friend :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you for your support.

Yes and yes. It felt like so much was said yet so little and it all went by so quickly.

2 Likes

That’s really wonderful, @Ashwell I know the first few visits are a little hard to get thru, but once the trust between you and your therapist develops (if this is the one you stay with), then you’ll open up more. I smiled when I read your post. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I’m so glad for you @Ashwell. We say it often around here, but it really is a huge step. The first sessions can be a bit intimidating and confusing, as we often come up with a bunch of things without any real structure AND a lot of reservations, and at the same time we learn to know the therapist (+ they learn to know us :crazy_face:). With time, it gets a little more structured and focused on directions to follow together. Trusting each other is a process that is built over time.

^^^^ This is also a very good sign in terms of just feeling safe and seemingly comfortable.

Well done, friend. I hope you’re proud of yourself for this step forward! Stay open to how things can progress, and keep in mind that even if this therapist happens to not be the right one for you, you will still learn from that experience, and there would still be someone out there who would match more your needs.

One step at a time.

Love you, friend.

1 Like

Hey @Ashwell

The HeartSupport Houston team responded to your post here - we very much hope it helps. Hold Fast friend!

• John
3 Likes