FluxFer Fan #1

I feel like I constantly want more but never feel satisfied

I understand the feeling! There will always be result even if you dont see them or feel them. Try to enjoy every moment.

Man it’s so hard when you feel dissatisfied, because the hope is that maybe if I get X or maybe if I feel Y, THEN life will be better…but to – after all of the hoping and wishing – feel like you’re still, at the end of it, totally empty…that’s so discouraging :\ I’m sorry you’re feeling that way friend. I have felt that way many times as well, and you are NOT alone in that. Thank you for sharing your heart.

I think this feeling is very common. I used to feel this way ALL the time. The feeling is much less intense and less frequent now. I realized that I was chasing the wrong things. Getting more and more of what I don’t need and not giving enough energy to what I did need. I was chasing money, success and achievement because I didn’t feel “good enough” and what I needed more of was self love and self acceptance. I was in a relationship with someone who was constantly telling me I wasn’t good enough and even years after it was over I could still hear their voice in my head. It took time but I learned to understand that they were projecting their own insecurities. I learned to love and trust myself and don’t need to prove my worth to others - only to myself.

I hope it comforts you to know that this feeling is temporary and can change.

I have been there before. The feeling of always trying to get to a goal. Try to enjoy everything around without the need to finish them :slight_smile: sending love

Feeling worthless is such a difficult feeling to deal with. I’ve been there before. It made me want to shut off and hide from the world. It felt like I was in a spiral of worthlessness and hopelessness that no one could pull me out of. Please know you are not alone in your feelings. Social media doesn’t help either, as most people only post their successes and not their failures (though we all have them). You are worth being known and valued just as you are today. Also, I think as humans we are wired to desire more. It can cause us to feel unfulfilled, but can also help us in many ways to try new things or go down different paths. Something that helps me on days when I don’t feel like I’m doing anything well is this quote “sometimes it’s okay if the only thing you did today was breathe.” It’s also okay to not feel okay. I care about you :heart:

1 Like