FluxFer Fan #10

I’m being disregarded in my relationship. My priorities don’t matter to my partner.

Man. That really sucks. I have been there. For many years I had to battle a relationship that felt very one sided. No matter what I said, I felt like I wasn’t heard and it was never getting better.

It’s important that you take your significant other aside and just gently talk to them about how you are feeling. Set some reasonable standards. Let them know that you are feeling this way and try to talk about what you feel may be a solution. Calmly and respectfully talk about the things and areas in your relationship that you feel need improvement.

For me I had to let my S/O know that if it didn’t improve, I was going to leave. I didn’t want to trap myself in an endless cycle of hurting if they weren’t going to do their part in the relationship. It takes two people to make a relationship work.

If they aren’t willing to listen, it may be worth considering taking a break. Staying with a friend or family member for a while. Maybe see a couple’s counselor. But it’s important that if your relationship isn’t giving you what you need and is not being respected, that you think about your health and well being and take action.

I always encourage people to express themselves with patience. A calm tone. Don’t express yourself in anger because that rarely ever goes well. So, take a moment when you’re of calm mind and just talk it out and try to hear each other out and see if you can find a way to make it work.

Know that we are here to listen if you need a safe place. No judgement. I don’t know your situation, but we care. Okay?

Hold fast

• Kitty