Forgotten by my own friends

I guess it’s stupid to get upset over this, but I can’t help it.
I waited over two hours for my friends today, only to find out, they had already met up and were chilling at my friends house, completely forgetting about me. Said they’d pick me up at 5pm. Had to call them at 7pm, so I could get finally an answer. And I hate doing calls so much. They didn’t even bother to tell me, they were already at my friends house. I literally feel more and more replaced and I hate it. This is exactly, what I was afraid of. Every friend I seem to have, that’s not an Internet friend is, leaves me at some point or replaces me.

3 Likes

Hi friend
I am so sorry your friends forgot about you. I know that feeling all too well.

I know what it feels like to be replaced and forgotten about. But here we care about you.

Friends are not always doing what we hope friends would do, and it breaks my heart that they treat you like that.

Friends, real friends, will come, i am sure of that, and it is worth the wait.

1 Like

Now I understand the hypocrisy of my words because, frankly, I don’t even take my own advice or compliments. Just from the words on this blank page, I can see that you are considerate even when you are hurting. This, along with many things I’m sure, make you irreplaceable. I understand the feeling of being left out as well. More recently, I have seen all of my previous friends move on from me through their snapchat stories. It hurt for a bit until I met my best friend and possible roommate. (insert lots of unnecessary backstory here) and it didn’t need them anymore. The universe has a weird way of doing things and sometimes it doesn’t seem too rational.

If you need friends, you have millions on these forums. I know that we’re just internet friends but I am here for you any time. I assure you that I am a lot younger (and more hip) than you might think. Stay cool, my friend.

-Ramona

1 Like

Oh all the times I’ve been there. I feel your pain.

I figured out a way to test if they’re really friends or not. Some time ago, my main group of “friends” kept me on the fringes. Eventually I got tired of being an afterthought and quit reaching out to them. My thought was that if they cared, they’d reach out to at least check on me. They never reached out. It was surprisingly freeing to know that they had let me down and hurt me for the last time, and really empowering to cut off those toxic friends on my terms. From then on, I worked at nurturing other friendships that had taken back seats, and felt free to make new friends. I grew a lot from that.

1 Like

Hello,

oh I can so much relate to your situation. I have been in this so often. I felt like people just do not recognize me and I am invisible to them, or easily forgotten.

You might check my other post here about my life story, further down I am describing my feelings about that situation.

I also understand that you hate making calls, it is like begging to be recognized, and this is so humilating.

I was in a comparable situation, which tried to analyse and for me it was, that there was one guy, who gained all the attention of my friends, he was loud and rude, but he had self confidence, what made him kinda adorable.

If I was you, I would contact one single person of your group and ask to hang out separatly, and if you trust him/her ask about the situation, what was happening, try without being accusive (I know that is hard when your feelings are hurt) and try to understand what happend. Tell your friend about how you felt in that situation, for my experiance it was the right decision to do so, and the feedback was “I had no idea that this hurt you so much, and I am sorry for not seeing it”
If you try to team up with one other of your group and bond, and be a team in the group together, it iis easier to support each other if things don’t go that well.

I hope this makes sense for you. Let us know how things are going.

2 Likes