Found My Purpose

Hey HS fam! I haven’t posted since 2021. Back when I couldn’t escape. Those who reached out on my one and only topic Can’t Escape. First, I want to say thank you for showing me, a total stranger, support. 2021 was a difficult time for me with losing two friends and then unfortunately losing my dog who had been my major support for me for 13 years. Second, I wanted to also thank John, Ben, and Hanson for their video response and their encouraging words. These last two years I’ve taken y’all’s advice to help me keep pushing forward. I was doing well in the gym and seeing results both mentally and physically. Then had a hiccup and had to have back surgery last October. I’ve fully recovered since and I am back to normal routines. I’m now working on what I feel is my calling or purpose.

I’m finishing up an EMT academy I’m in and then hopefully :crossed_fingers: I’ll complete the fire academy later this year. But I know I want to help people, the same way y’all helped me and showed me compassion. I too, want to extend that to others. Pay it forward if you will. I’m thankful for my buddy telling me about this place of safety back in 2021. I’m also extremely thankful to those who supported me back then on my post. It made a major difference, and gave me the motivation and strength to reconquer the negative voices of hopelessness, doubt, and anger that dominated my mind back then. I tell people about this place in hopes they check it out, and if they are ready to post whatever it is they are going through on here. They too can feel the same outpouring of love, compassion, and support that I did.

For those who are struggling and read this. I want you to know to just keep fighting. Take the small wins each day. For me it was getting out of bed, making my bed, brushing my teeth, and showering. I’m sure for most those seem like simple daily tasks, and they may be. But for me, those were and still are my small victories I utilize to start my day on a good note. Don’t give up, keep fighting, and hold fast.

All love,
DepthsofTexas

6 Likes

Hello Friend

This post is just amazing, thank you so very much for your words of kindness and hope. You have done so much since you came here in 2021 and I am absolutely certain that the people that responded back then would be beyond proud)
You are so very special and loved, never stop fighting… Take care all the best. Lsa. x

2 Likes

Hi DepthsofTexas,

When I read this, I actually said “wow!” out-loud. I don’t think one “wow” does this justice though, so:

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow … !

I could go on, but you get the idea! Your words remind me how important communities like this are and how much they can change the course of people’s lives. But, I also want to say that you are the one who really changed things; who took on all the daily challenges of life and built yourself up to a better place. No one else can take credit for that.

You’re amazing and I’m proud of you. x

3 Likes

Thank you so so so so so much for sharing. It’s so beautiful to see you thrive. I may not have been a part of your journey back then, but knowing that we are here now and seeing how much you’ve come to grow and love your life makes every encouragement worth it all over again.

2 Likes