Friendships/Cliques

I know I’m not meant to live this Christian life alone but… No matter how many times I try to join a fellowship on my campus… It just doesn’t feel right. I see the community forming there but I’m always on the outside looking in. every time I try and get close to people it feels so one-sided. I don’t see the point in having a one-sided friendship. I’m praying that God brings the right godly friends into my life.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for sharing.
I totally understand how that feels. It’s like being half plugged in to a group but never feeling a sense of belonging or community. That feeling sucks. Sorry to see you’re struggling with it, but there are some positives. First, it’s great that you have a longing for community; it shows that you have a drive to grow which is the first step to solving this problem. So you’re already halfway there. Secondly, know that it’s not your fault that you’re having trouble with this, God is working on it and will give you this community in due time; just be patient because he wont be too late.
Also, if you’re looking for a solid community with loving people who want to get to know you and be your friend, you came to the right place. We are here for you and we want to show you that you’re loved and you matter.

Hang in there friend,
Jaden

2 Likes

Hi Jaden,

Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. I find it a little discouraging at times since I’m going to be graduating this December from undergrad. I’m 21 and I just thought college was going to be the place where I could truly find long-lasting friendships.

Jade :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jadelawon

Hi. Nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing. It means a lot to this community. I can relate to your post. I want friendships, church, and have fellowship with believers. I tried to be social, but everyone’s busy, and I am having a hard time to open up. It’s terrible that you are one-sided, and everyone is with their clique. That is one of the reasons why I stop going to church buildings. I do want to find a church to build me up, and encouraging me to seek God. Don’t give up. You are in a season. Embrace it. God is with you. He is here for you. He understands your loneliness. I hope you will feel better. God bless you.

1 Like

Thank you for replying to me! I hope I can find some great community here. <3

1 Like