From-craig-amadeus-i-ve-always-looked-up-to-aaron

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38249
From craig_amadeus: I’ve always looked up to Aaron and Underoath as a whole. They’ve gotten me through some rough points in my life. Seeing their confidence on stage and knowing they struggle with the same issues I do makes me feel like I can keep going. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 39 and have tried many medications. Still working on finding the right therapy but it’s videos like this that make it worthwhile. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Craig_amadeus
Thank you for posting, It is so nice to read that Aaron and Underoath have helped you through some tough times, its so uplifting to see other people who you know have the same or similar struggles have the confidence to carry on, be strong and do the things they enjoy and it makes you reaslise that its possible that you too can do these things, anything is possible.
It sounds like you have been through a lot to get to where you are since your diagnosis and I hope that you soon find the therapy you require. Best of luck. Lisa.

1 Like

It’s so powerful to hear how much you are persevering through the hurdles that finding the right medication and therapy can bring. Finding what suits you the most is definitely part of the journey – and somehow it’s good that there are multiple options, as we walk through a different journey – but I completely get how disappointing and discouraging the overall process can be. It’s already a major step to reach out, sometimes to the point of feeling like we had to put all of our available energy into this action. Then having to do it all over again, and again, and again, can be very heavy to deal with at times. I don’t know if you’ve ever been told this before, and despite being just a stranger on the internet, I’m super proud of you. For all the steps you’ve been taking and will keep take towards healing, for your well-being. Each time you reach out, each time you try something new to help yourself and learn whether it helps you or not, is part of a larger process that contributes to providing yourself the love and care that you 100% deserve. You’ve been showing up for yourself repeatedly and that is so freaking strong. All these efforts, when they immediately pay and when they don’t, are rooted in the truth that you have worth, you have value, and you can keep going. I believe in you and am rooting for you – you will find the right help, and even through this process right now you get closer and closer to knowing yourself, being aware of your needs, of your limits, which is one of the strongest backbones you’ll create for yourself. Keep it up, you will get there. <3