From-johnsnow109-the-voice-in-my-head-tells-me-how

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/
From johnsnow109: the voice in my head tells me how the world would be better off without me, and that I’m useless. @popevil I love your music, y’all have helped me a lot. Rock on guys! It’s Ok To Not Be Ok. #kickingthestigma #heartsupport

1 Like

john - it’s a convincing voice, right? It has a way of coloring everything in such a way that it doesn’t even sound wrong. It’s like - yeah, that makes sense. Snapping out of that hypnosis is such a fight. One of the reasons why music is so powerful because it’s a voice outside of your head that can help you through those moments. I’m proud of you for being able to win the fight against that voice. I know it doesn’t feel like a “real victory” until that voices goes away - because every time it comes back, it mocks you. “You thought you could get rid of me, you thought you were actually worth it? you just faked it. Look at all of these reasons why…” right? It’s brutal. Relentless. But we have to call a spade a spade: you are winning this fight. And I am proud of that. Proud of you. Every day is another win in your corner.

I’m curious with you where that voice came from though. And how you hack at the roots so that it can be uprooted out of your life. Because in our sober mindset - you and I both know it’s not true. I’d be curious if there were spaces or relationships in your life where you could explore that. Because I believe with you and for you that there is a life for john where that voice is permanently muted and removed from your mind.

Thankful for your courage.