From-kristygrieser-i-have-suffered-from-depression

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/35080
From kristygrieser: I have suffered from depression, & chronic pain for a long time. I’m always thinking I’m not good enough. I try not to listen but sometimes it’s hard!! Love this soo much!!!:heart::heart::heart: Love Pop Evil!!:heart::heart::heart: @popevil

2 Likes

hi kristy, thank you so much for sharing. you are strong and you matter. i am sorry to hear from your
worries and issues, and i can tell you, you are not alone in this. sometimes life is to overwhelming,
life is more often to hard for everyone of us. but also as a little reminder, there is so much beauty and
love, kindness out there, just for you. family and friends who love you. you are good enough, and you
are beautiful the way you are. you are loved and you deserve all the good in this world. :purple_heart:
feel hugged.

2 Likes

@heartsupportwall3 Thank you so much!!🫶🏻

I’m really sorry for what you’ve been having to deal with. It can be hard not to listen to those voices that tell us that we are responsible or deserve the pain we go through. I know I can’t imagine how chronic pain has been affecting you, I can try to encourage you though. To keep shutting down those voices and to keep looking at the thing that make life beautiful and worth it!

2 Likes

Oh friend, I am so sorry that you’ve had to struggle with pain and depression. Thats a tough journey for anyone to endure. I do want to say though that you are absolutely enough. Taking care of yourself is so incredibly important. Knowing your limits and boundaries and standing by them is vital. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take good care of yourself and be kind to your soul. You are enough. You are important. You are loved. I hope that you will continue to interact with HeartSupport. We would love to walk alongside you in your journey.

1 Like

I suffer from major depression and fibromyalgia, so I understand on some level how you feel. When we have struggles that other people can’t see, we put expectations on ourselves to be normal. We’re not tho, we can’t do the things that people without chronic pain can do and that’s something that we have to radically accept. So I feel like you just need to not pay attention to what stigma/society thinks because if you haven’t lived with chronic pain and depression, you can’t judge it. Thank you for sharing! ~Mystrose

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I felt every word of what you said here. Having a history of chronic pain and depression, I sure understand how you would feel that you aren’t good enough. But - I will tell you that you are more than enough. I remember the days when I would be so tired and hurt so bad that I couldn’t keep up and felt useless, not good enough. And then I learned how to give myself grace to not keep up with everything. I learned that I need to do things differently and have good self care. When I care for myself well it makes a difference. Please care for you. You are worth it and you are more than enough.

1 Like

Hi Friend thank you for posting, I am so sorry that you have had to manage chronic pain and depression for a long time, I have watched my mum have the same issues for many years and I see how hard it is to live with, Some days are better than others but the bad days are bad and some people just do not understand. I hope you have a good doctor and health care system in place that listen to you and help with your pain relief. You are so far from not good enough, you are amazing and so strong. Much Love Lisa x

2 Likes