From-melissawunsch5-i-lost-my-dad-sept-3-2021-he-h

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/34479
From melissawunsch5: I lost my dad Sept 3 2021. He had “c” Pnemonia. Vented for 3 weeks and hospital 33 days. He also was a Vietnam Vet who months before becoming sick found out he had Agent Orange. He had kidney disease and diabetic as a result. My family made the painful decision to let him go to@be with Jesus after a turn for the worst diagnosis. After prayer after prayer. It was his time to go. I find comfort where he is now. But I can’t lie and say I don’t struggle. Every day is like a win just getting through it. When I can lay my head on my pillow and go to sleep to escape this void I care day in and day out. I miss him more than he’ll ever know! I wasn’t ready to hold his hand, brush his hair back, watch the final tears well up in his eyes and say good bye for now. I’m so blessed to know Jesus. He strengthens me when I am weak. I can’t live without Jesus! I don’t know how people do it without Him! The pain of losing a parent is without a doubt one of the hardest things you’ll go thru in this lifetime. :cry:

2 Likes

Hi there. I also know Jesus and am very glad you have Him in your heart. Don’t forget though that despite knowing there was going to be a good ending Jesus wept at Lazarus grave. Death is very hard for the ones left behind. Grieving is holy. Jesus knows how you feel and is right there with you!! There’s no timetable on grief so go at your own pace. Keep reaching out to others here for support and encouragement. Your good shepherd will get you through. Love and hugs.

@melissawunsch5 I appreciate you being so open and honest on this forum. We’re all in this together​:heart: The loved ones we lose will live on forever through our memories and that notion has brought me comfort time and time again. I hope you find comfort in that as well. Much Love :heart:

@melissawunsch5 sending you love! Thank you for sharing your story, and thanks to your father for serving this country. Please try to stay positive as much as possible and live your life to the fullest extent that you can. :raised_hands:

Hi Friend
I am so dreadfully sorry for the loss of your Dad, I wish I had words that would make things better for you. Some say that grief is price we pay for love but it never seems right that we should have to pay a price for love, its one thing we shouldnt have to pay a price for. Your Dad was a hero to his country and a Hero to you that will never change. One thing I think you can be certain of, when you go to bed at night and lay your head on your pillow, he loves you and is very proud of you. Thank you for posting. Much Love x

@heartsupport thank you very much! Yes I do know it’s Holy❤️ Others I know think I am weak because I cry a lot. But they also haven’t lost a parent either. They have no idea. All I know is I am made strong thru my weakness because HE gives me strength!

From bbrandon3: Hey friend, thank you so much for being here and sharing. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. That is so hard. I truly believe that vulnerability is strength so I think crying and being vulnerable is incredibly brave. I also know Jesus and am glad that you have Him to lean on. Sending you love and will be praying for you