From-rebelrexx-i-have-definitely-struggled-with

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/
From rebelrexx: I have definitely struggled with not feeling like I’m enough, and I’m just stuck where I am.

There is more right with you than wrong with you.

This powerful reminder is a quote from Jon Kabat-Zinn: “Until you stop breathing, there’s more right with you than wrong with you.” As someone who struggles with my own perceived flaws, it helps to remember that there are things I like about myself too. I hope that there are things you like about yourself too.

Feeling stuck AND inadequate is a tricky combo because you hate where you are and feel incapable of changing it. It breeds hopelessness. A blend of discontentment and disability. Fortunately, it’s not something that you feel /all the time/ because in moments of lucidity, you can combat that with the truth - seeing yourself make progress, seeing yourself strive, and try, and dare, and risk. But in the moments when those feelings converge, it’s hard to shake loose.

The feeling of not being enough can be overwhelming. I don’t know your situation but ,for me, a lot of my feelings of not being enough came from comparing myself to other people and comparing my life to theirs. I often thought “I should have that too” or some variation, and it could also make you feel stuck. Ill admit I still struggle with these feelings from time to time but It does get better.

If you you feel stuck in your life, try some new things! Now I’m not saying sky dive or anything. Start small. If there’s new coffee shop in town, try it! Your town have a music scene? Check out some shows! Pickup a new hobby! Anything to get out of that rut.

You just gotta remind yourself, this journey of life… It’s your journey and no one can take that from you!

Much love,
Ledge