From-sabrinaf97-healing-from-the-loss-of-my-mothe

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/
From sabrinaf97_: healing from the loss of my mother, and a bad drug addiction… 4 years sober now and doing great mentally :heart::heart::love_you_gesture::muscle:

2 Likes

FOUR YEARS SOBER!! that is incredible! Wow! Congrats. Sending love on your healing journey with grief. I’ve learned that grief ebbs and flows and we learn to grow around it. I imagine navigating this grief can be really challenging especially while you are working through sobriety. It’s so easy to want to escape those feelings, but it sounds like you’re doing great! If you ever need support the Heartsupport community is here <3

That’s so much healing! Amazing! It doesn’t erase the pain of the loss or the honor you wish to uphold for your mom. But there is a celebration in saying - I have risen, and I have overcome. Well done

Wow, 4 years is such a huge milestone! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it here and for acknowledging how important that is. I hope you make sure to celebrate the beauty of your strength and recovery. 4 years must have contained a lot of fears, doubts, tears and hopes – you have made it through it all. You’ve been choosing life. You’ve been choosing yourself. That is the most beautiful way to honor your mom and the people you love. Not a quiet nor easy path, but one that is worth it. May the acknowledgment of these 4 years of sobriety strengthen your confidence even more, and a positive outlook towards life itself. Pain is real, present, but it doesn’t have to stop us from fully being. I hope you are proud of yourself. I know we do here. <3

Hi sabrina,
thank you sharing this. i am sorry to hear, the loss of your mother and your addiction.
you can be so proud of yourself of 4 years, clean and great mentally. this is awesome and something really
wonderful to share and also to remind yourself what you have overcome and how strong you are !
take a deep breathe, we are proud of you, being here, letting us hear a part of your journey. you are loved and
you matter my friend. feel hugged. :purple_heart: