Gender dysphoria

I hate everything about being male. But I’m trying to find some reason it could be a good thing, to cope with it, because at some point I have to accept that I’m stuck with the body I have. I don’t know why I hate what I am. I don’t know how to get rid of this feeling and it is such a big deal it haunts my everyday life and is ruining my ability to enjoy life and be my whole self unapologetically. I don’t know what to do. I’m afraid to talk to anyone about this because I’m expecting “just shut up and deal with it”

2 Likes

Hi @Ori,

I personnaly never experienced gender dysphoria, but I hope you’re gonna find some insights from others here. :heart: Also maybe there are support groups or communities near where you live, or even online, to talk about this specific subject and how it makes you feel? You’re absolutely not the only one who struggle with this, even if your experience remains entirely yours. I understand why you may be afraid to talk about it. But you have the absolute right to do it. And if someone tells you to “shut up”, then it’s just not the right person to talk with.

Your feelings are valid and have a reason to be. It has to be listened. We hear you, friend. You matter. What you’re going through matters. And I hope you’ll manage to progressively be at peace with who you are and how you define yourself. What remains important is to feel okay and to live according to how you feel in your own body. Not from any other standards.

Sending much love your way. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks. I understand it’s a hard topic and nobody knows me like I do, but I hardly know myself either. It’s frustrating when people can’t help me. But I’m gonna try to find an lgbtq community that might help me figure myself out

Hey @Ori
I personally do not struggle with gender dysphoria but I have peers and colleagues that do. I think getting connected to an LGBTQ community is a great place to start because not only can they provide you with resources but it can connect you to people who can relate and emphasize what you are going through. Some organizations that I can think of include PFLAG and The Trevor Project. Know that it does get better and that you are not alone. Keep hanging in there friend.

2 Likes