Getting help soon

So, after I go see my family for my Grammies celebration of life, I might be checking myself into a hospital… I’ve been thinking about that and kms so I think the first is a better option. my landlord/friend has also said he’s concerned and has thought about having me go.

5 Likes

getting help is also a great step!
I hope it can bring you some relief and some rest for your brain.

You’re loved and you matter.

1 Like

Hey @whyorwhynot,

This is such a brave and healthy step to consider, especially if you feel unsafe lately. I want you to know that we are so very proud of you here for considering the options that are available for you and for addressing your needs just as they are. Being in a safe space, receiving support that is available is always the best option. You are worthy of so much love, care, time and healing. I’m rooting for you. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I’m just terrified that the decisions I’m making are going to end up having me alone.

2 Likes

That is quite a fair thing to be scared of as there can be a lot of stigma around the idea of receiving professional help. You can be sure that this community right here is going to leave and you will always have a safety net at least here.

Is anyone among your relatives against the idea of checking yourself into a hospital? Anything that triggers or feeds this fear of ending up alone?

1 Like

No I feel like all of them will agree.
Honestly my communication skills.

2 Likes

just checking in and seeing how you’re going. I hope that you’ve been able to find the support you deserve. It’s really brave of you to be open to the idea of getting that help and being able to recognise that you’re at the point you need it. It’s not always an easy thing to do, but you should be so proud of yourself. It sounds like you’re surrounded by some good friends and family. I hope you know that it doesn’t mean you have to be alone and face everything alone. I hope it actually lifts a burden for you and you feel a bit more free to enjoy being with others and enjoy your life.

2 Likes

Hello there,

I hope all is well with you. How did the celebration of life go? I want you to know that it is okay to be afraid at times. Fear is a valid emotion, just like joy or peace. I hope that you can have peace knowing that you have people in your corner to back you up & support you through all of these decisions. It sounds like you won’t be alone in the end.

You are important. You are valid. You are enough. You are strong. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hey Friend, Thank you for this post, its been a while now and we are just checking in with you to see how you are doing. Im sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I hope her celebration of life went as well as you you hoped it would. How have you been since? did you check yourself into the hospital? if so have you been feeling any better and if you didnt also have you had the support from your family and has it helped? I truly hope that you are feeling better than you were when you wrote this post and that you know you can come back and post here whenever you wish. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. x

2 Likes

hey friend,

i wanted to check in on you and see how things are going since your last reply. i know you have an upcoming celebration of life for your wonderful Grammie and were looking in on checking yourself into a hospital afterwards. with the grief and sorrow you’re experiencing with your Grammie’s passing among other things, i truly hope you are able to find a solution to help ease what you’re heart is going through. if there’s anything you’d like to talk through, please know your heartsupport community is behind you every step of the way. sending all my love and comfort your way, my friend.

love,
twix

1 Like

So the celebration of life was this past Saturday it went well. I’m still out of town with family but I’ll be back this Saturday night. I’m still trying to figure out what I need to do for myself.

3 Likes

Hey friend,

Just want to do a quick check-in to see how things are going. It was good to hear that the celebration of life went well. I was thinking about you & sending good vibes your way. Just remember that you are loved & you matter so heckin’ much! Thank you for being you!

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

hey whyorwhynot,

it’s your pal twix back in the replies, sending you a ton of love and comfort after your grammie’s celebration of life last saturday. how was the event? how is your heart doing as you continue through the grieving and healing process? i know that the answer you land on for what you need to do for yourself provides the best support for you. thank you for keeping us all updated and hope to hear from you again soon when you want to/can!

love,
twix

3 Likes

Hello, whyorwhynot! I love this username btw.
How are you doing now that you are back from being around all your family? Have you figured out what to do for yourself yet?

Just wanting to check in and make sure you know that people are still reading your words and thinking about you.
:hrtlegolove: Lots of hugs :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update! I’m glad that the celebration went well and hope that the trip was a much needed break from all that is going on.

I know that seeking professional help is scary, but I’m proud of you for considering that option and hope that you are feeling good in that regard.

We’re thinking of you and hope you are well. If anything is on your mind, please know that we’re always here for you and are rooting for you!

<3 Tuna

3 Likes

whyorwhynot, how are you holding up? I’m so very sorry for your loss. It can be tough when we are celebrating/mourning the life of someone we love and spending time with family. How has it gone for you during this time and how are you feeling? I just want you to know that you are cared about and loved here. I truly hope to hear how you are doing.

3 Likes

So the celebration of life was nice and sweet, bunch of pictures and videos, apparently when my Grammie was 83 for her birthday she went skydiving. That’s just crazy and cool to know that and hearing a few stories about her, honestly I wasn’t as close to her as I was my grandma, but she lived so far away so understandable. I’m okay with her grief that I have, I mainly went to see my family… They on the other side of things weren’t so great. As for the professional help I have no idea what to do and I don’t feel like going helped but it definitely didn’t hurt much either…I just don’t know how to feel about the things that did happen.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.