Getting some sleep šŸ˜“

The last few days, the twins have been sleeping better through the night. I am getting longer stints of sleep (5+ hours) and it is really improving my mood. I feel like itā€™s one of those things you ā€œknowā€ but you donā€™t really know until you experience it. Prioritizing my sleep and helping my twins get better sleep has allowed me to move closer to the ā€œnot-so-depressedā€ side of the spectrum. I was able to take an impromptu trip to the park today with the kids, something I couldnā€™t have even imagined doing a few weeks ago. Writing this as a reminder to prioritize sleep and get as much as I can during the night.

7 Likes

Hey @Teekake,

Good for you to keep this reminder. This is so important. Youā€™re absolutely right: sleep is fundamental but as itā€™s part of our daily life itā€™s easy to forget how important that is. It affects our physicality but also our mental health over time. Even though this has been very challenging to you and certainly a brutal reality check, it is so good to hear how things are progressing now and how much you make sure to be aware of these subtle yet significant changes in your life. May it keep going like this so you can fully recover from the lack of sleep, little by little. You are a loving, dedicated parent and that alone is truly admirable. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

getting enough sleep is an amazing thing, you literally start functioning so much better! |Glady you took a walk too! Excellent new\s, great progress post!! Good reminder for all of us too :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hi Friend, Thank you for this post. I am so pleased you have had a few good days. I think you are doing so well and should be really proud of yourself. I totally agree that its vital to prioritize your sleep for you and for your little ones as a happier, healthier and less tired mum will ultimately help to make happier children. It must have been lovely to be able to get to the park with them and it not feel like a chore. You are an awesome Mum, I look forward to future updates. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. x

2 Likes

hello again! Itā€™s so good to hear from you and to hear that youā€™ve been able to get some rest! I can imagine life has been a bit chaotic managing fresh little babies along with other children, but it really makes me happy to hear that your mental health along with your sleep routine has been improving. I know life will change and shift and move around a lot, but itā€™s great to keep reminding yourself to get rest and make time for yourself too. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and for being open about it.

1 Like

Teekake, thank you for the update on how things are going for you. It sounds like things have settled a bit for you and getting the 5+ hours of sleep at a time is a great improvement when it comes to feeling like you are somewhat ā€œnormalā€ and not quite so down and depressed. Iā€™m glad that you are making your sleep and your health a priority. Itā€™s so important as a mom and parent to the little ones. Keep us posted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.