Giving Up

I have 60+ things of overdue schoolwork and only 11 days to finish. I can’t keep a schedule because I know it will just fail. My mind gets distracted way too much. I already know I won’t be able to get it all done in time and I’m pretty sure my teachers won’t have a solution for it. I basically just gave up on my schoolwork. I feel like I’m being such a disappointment to my mom and family for not being able to stay on track. I have too many confusing projects to finish and I don’t know how much I actually have…

2 Likes

Hi take it one assignment at a time. It’s easy to get overwhelmed during this time so it’s not you. A lot of students are going through the same. Take it one step at a time. Don’t look at how much you have just do 1 assignment start there. Once finished then go to the next one. YOU CAN DO IT!!

All teachers should be more understanding during this time so I’m sure when they see you doing the work they will help you find a solution even if it’s to extend the deadline. Maybe talk to your teachers and tell them how your feeling and ask for an extension.

1 Like

I know how you feel being overwhelmed with work and not being able to focus is terrible. Not that long ago I was in the same boat but with my job not school work and ended up having to take an extended stress leave. While I was away I learned a few things.

Like @Saralee said you have to take it one step at a time. if you look at the list and start to feel over whelmed stop and focus on just your breathing for a minute, feel the air go in and out and note what you smell.

Then refocus and look at only one thing, write down just that task and move everything else away and try and do it.
Every time you stand up or go to the bathroom or wash your hands focus on only the feel and sight of exactly what you are doing (walking, moving, drinking, eating, etc.). This should help you stop spinning out in your own head a little.

My thoughts are with you, anxiety is a terrible thing to fight alone. You are not alone though, and you can do it but you might need to reach out for more help. It will all work out and its not the end of the world even though it feels like it.

Be well.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try… However, the end of the school-year is June 5th and I’m pretty sure if I ask for an extension it would be unfair to the other students. However, my sister and I had written down all my classes and the lessons I would need to do, and it’s not as much as I would’ve thought. We calculated it (the amount of lessons in total divided by how many days I have left) and figured out that if I did 13 things a day, I would get it all done before school ends. I did more than 16 things today (16 in History, 3-4 things in Science, and finishing up the final exam for Horsemanship).

1 Like

Awesome! Good luck! You can do it.

1 Like

School is not everything, I graduate from community college and still working a dead in job. The school system in American are not the best and does give some people the help they need. But however do the best you can.

I feel wish I spend my time traveling, instead of worrying about the future and bills. Live life free, teachers are not always right and you should put pressure on yourself to please your parents.

They people that were high school drop out, that became rich and did stuff there own way.

I’m not saying to give on school, if you want to finish your degree and graduate, you can do that. But don’t make to end all thing.

1 Like

Hi following up. So how did everything go?

It went good. I finished on time