God is greater and help me overcome

This post is to show that I’m stronger then my demons. Thank you to the people of heart support for always supporting me when I need it. Thank you to my family for always supporting me when I need it. I’ve had suicidal thoughts for a while but I’m glad to finally say they have stopped. I have recently found God and they went away, but just as I got out of the bathroom they returned. I found the source tho and it won’t happen again. Thank God for my ability to forgive and love others more then I love myself.
God is good

6 Likes

@ThEdUnCeCaP Heck yeah! We will all support you no matter what! Prayer and reading really helps. Put those things into practice and things will begin to change even more. Will be praying for you!

-Morgan

2 Likes

Hey @ThEdUnCeCaP!

I haven’t been on the Wall in a while, and just as I went to go check it out to see what’s new, I see your incredibly uplifting and encouraging post. Thank you so much for sharing this. I’ve been worried lately that God isn’t for me or that he’s left me alone, but you give me new hope. Thank you so much for your faith and for sharing it with us!

Love,
Alex

So proud of you. You are never alone. Always remember we care and so does God. You are a encouragement to people every where. Because if you can do it so can others

1 Like

So proud of you! So glad to see your growth! I’m so very thankful for this community, this is exactly what we are here for. I’m so happy to see how this community has helped you.

Keep fighting! Hold fast!
Hannah

Please don’t deceive yourself that it won’t happen again. We all have regressions. We shouldn’t feel guilty or feel that we have to be perfect, or never give in to things. We should do our best to be positive, but most weeks we will fail. Life is not about perfection, it is about being kind to yourself and others.

1 Like

I am so glad you’ve found God! I remember when I first gave my life to Christ, I had been dealing with depression and anxiety for years. After coming to Christ, I still struggled. However, there was something different; I had true hope, albeit sometimes it seemed dimmed. But it was always there in the back of my mind. This shed a new light on what it meant to fight; I was no longer alone. Even when it felt like I was distanced from others, hidden in the darkness, in my heart I knew God was with me.

I am so glad that you found the source of your suicidal thoughts this time, which I would imagine helped you in taming them. I, however, would caution you with saying “it won’t happen again”. While God is fully capable of causing these suicidal thoughts to never " happen again", the reality is you are human. While living in the flesh you will still struggle. I don’t want you to put an unrealistic expectation on yourself that, now that you are a Christian, you won’t struggle. Doing so may cause you to feel like you’ve failed as a Christian if these thoughts pop up again in the future. And I don’t want that for you. The truth is, God is with you no matter how dark things are. In every season of life.

For your sake, I really hope that these suicidal thoughts don’t come again. But if they do, God is there for you. Fighting for you. In the darkness with you.

I’m excited for you and this amazing journey of a life with Christ you’ve embarked on! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for reading. Yeah I definitely have a lot of mixed feelings toward God but I have recently picked up in my faith again and am excited but also very terrified for the future ahead. I am glad you found solace in my post. It came from a place of deep sadness but there is a shard of hope there and that’s what I cling to.

1 Like

Wow! Thank you so much for writing! I very much appreciate it. Yeah I have struggled with a lot of dark thoughts but finding the source is very important. However the other important thing is stopping the source and knowing that I’m strong enough to do so.

Thank you very much. I am definitely working on incorporating prayer into my life but it will be very difficult :frowning:

@ThEdUnCeCaP - This is SO cool! Thank you so much for sharing! If you ever need an extra boost, one of my favorite worship albums of all time is “Starlight” by Bethel Music. Give it a listen! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much man! I love to hear this. I’ve come so far in my journey and I want to say that I really appreciate this. I’ll offer you a suggestion in return : Francesca’s Batistelli Own It

1 Like