Got sent to out paitent program

Yestrday, my mom forced me go to the hospital and we where there till 7 in the morning.I had to talk my self out of in paitent hospitalization now im going have to do with out paitent hospitalization and i feel horrible. I had, outpaitent in 2020, and 2022 I was doing really good after my visit last year i went to therapy. I had my coping skills, i didnt react violently and i was doing really well now im going again this year i feel as if all my therapy, copping mechanism was for nothing. Its been like this for weeks ever sense holloween, my mom threatened to call 911 recentaly and alot at this point i feel as if she wants to get a rid of me. I really was doing good i just had a bad month and it spiraled into me getting admitted. She, uses the threat of calling 911 on me and the cops on me as freely as one would use peanut butter it should be the last resort but she dose it all the time like one time i didnt want to go swimming and she wannted to call 911, she dose it for the most small things i feel as if she dose it every other weekand at this point. There is alot of information unsaid, i just dont know what to do beacuse evem ehen im finished with this program ill have to tippy toe around her in order not to get sent again. Ive been trying to get better i really have, i havent been doing my best but ive been trying to go to therapy and get better but my parents keep gaslightingbit

4 Likes

Hey @Josie,

I’m really sorry for how things have been with your parents lately, an especially your mom. It must be quite stressful to see her using the perspective of going inpatient as a threat, while really it should be something reassuring and not to fear. I’m not a parent myself but from an outsider perspective it sounds that your mom is feeling helpless at times and is using something like this systematically. It is unfortunate as this is preventing you all to communicate together in a more peaceful and healthy way.

If I may ask, do you feel like you could have the possibility to sit down and talk to her about how these threats make you feel? Also about how you perceive your efforts and progress – that are very real, but she may not be aware of it as you do. Sometimes parents don’t know how to communicate so they use very poor ways to express their point. There might be, for all of you, a need to sow down a little bit during those times, and try to see how you can learn to communicate differently, all together. Maybe the therapist(s) that you’ve seen (or still meet at times) could also be of help on that matter. In situations like these, therapists can sometimes help to mediate conversations and make sure everyone can express their own perspective.

Please know that in any case we see your efforts and progress here, really. You’ve obviously been through a lot and it is such a huge sign of growth to become aware of your own journey, of all the steps that you’ve taken during the last couple of years. We are proud of you here. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hello, Josie. I’m sorry that your parents do not seem able to understand your needs and uses threats to try and get you to do things she wants. 911 is only for emergencies and using it for non-emergency purposes is illegal so you may want to remind her of that or at least keep it in mind yourself.

Have you mentioned these issues you have with your mom with your therapist? They may be able to help you both communicate better or even do a session with both of you to help you talk things through.

The main thing I want to say to you is that you are not back at square one. All of your progress is not lost because of what has been happening to you. That is not how it works. You know yourself so much better than you did and even if your coping mechanisms do not work as well right now you still have them in your arsenal.

I hope that you can find some peace with your parents and you will begin improving again the way you wish. You are a strong person. Always remember that :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hi Josie, I’m sorry you’re having a hard time dealing with your mental health. It’s great that you were able to use your coping skills after you had your outpatient experience recently. What happens if you try them now? I’m sorry that your mother threatens 911 on you. Why do you think she does that? Maybe you can talk to your therapist about your situation with your mother and get some advice on how to avoid situations like that with her. Keep safe! ~Mystrose

3 Likes

This certainly sounds like a challenging situation. My suggestion is to take advantage of the therapist you have access to and discuss with them your feelings and why you feel as you do towards your mother. Therapists are unbiased and are to help YOU. They also have knowledge of community resources that you might utilize. Quite possibly they could help you to negotiate to some resolution. Best as to your journey forward. Please stay the path and keep trying.

3 Likes

Hi Friend, Thank you for posting, It sounds like you have a very difficult relationship with your Mum? That can be hard enough when you are around your age without adding in the issues that you are trying to manage. It seems like something has to give between the two of you, you both need to talk, whether that be just the two of you or if that is not advisable then with your therapist or a third party as it needs to be a frank, honsest but calm conversation, perhaps make notes before hand about what you would like to achieve during this conversation, namely that the two of you can coexist without your mum feeling the need to threaten you with calling the police all the time and maybe you agreeing to adapt for her too. Its not easy but these things can be done and it makes for a far better and happier life and in the meantime, please remember we are all here to support you. Much Love Lisa. x

3 Likes

Hey Josie,

I am so, so sorry that you are having to deal with this situation. No one deserves to go through these kind of struggles. I am proud of you for getting to today. Don’t forget those skills you have developed over the last 2 years as you face what is going on now.

I am glad to hear that you are working a therapy program. It seems like you are benefiting from it. I really hope that you can continue to utilize these programs, and keep moving forward in your journey, one step at a time. Are you able to talk to your therapist about the situation with your mom? Being open with them about what you are going through with your family may help you, and even your mother, understand each other, and help both of you better communicate what you are feeling and what your needs are.

I am proud of how far you’ve come. You got this, friend. :hrtlovefist:

4 Likes

hi josie,

i’m really glad you’re here and can share how you’re feeling with all these in/out-patient threats weighing on you. i’m also so sorry your mom is always skipping to such an extreme rather than coming to understand your side of things. it sounds like your last visit to the hospital provided helpful results such as coping mechanisms and beneficial therapy. it sounds like your mom does not feel equipped enough to properly communicate or support you with your mental health and that’s okay to not be an expert. all you need is some understanding and someone to listen, right? which is why i want to echo everything micro shared, encouraging you to be your own advocate (or with the support of a counselor/therapist) and voice your concerns to your family. i feel like we’ve all done something that we thought was in the best interest of another person but it was actually harmful until they said something.

above it all, i’m really proud of your progress and the skills you’ve acquired to manage through life. i wish you all the best as you request understanding from your mom and please always know your heartsupport community is with you through it all.

love,
twix

3 Likes

It sounds like you’re under a lot of stress and the environment can be very intense for you and your family. You mentioned you talk to a therapist or professional, so have you mentioned that this is a regular occurrence?
They could hopefully share resources that would benefit you and maybe your family. Having someone facilitate interaction with you and your mum in a safe environment to build communication skills and to be able to hear you both out.
You do deserve the best care always, whatever that may look like.

3 Likes