Guilt and sadness

I’m constantly plagued by guilt. I feel as though everything I do is wrong and there’s no way I can fix it. I have to walk on eggshells with everything I say and do. I feel like a liar for forgetting things from years ago, and I feel wrong to be close to the very few friends I have left. I question if I’m too close with friends, if I accidently come off as flirting when all I want is a good friend to be myself with. I feel like I’m being monitored every moment. I feel so anxious and like a terrible person, I don’t know how to tell myself that I’m not doing anything wrong. I’m sorry I know I don’t make any sense, I’m just kind of throwing some emotions out there I guess. I feel like I’m falling apart.

1 Like

Hey @PikachuNerd;

Thanks for being so open and now that you are not the only one who feels this.
I personally have struggled with this my whole life and have been doing a bunch of reading into these kinds of things (If you like reading Brene Brown is a great author).

If you don’t mind me saying so - it sounds like you are not only feeling quilt but also a lot of shame (again you’re not alone in feeling this).

There really isn’t an easy answer for how to change this, I really wish that there was.

Know that you are not a terrible person - wanting to be close to people just means that you care. Anxiety is a pain but I believe you can fight back against it and the lies it tells you.

You’ve got this! You are a wonderful person who seems to care very much!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It means allot :slight_smile:

Hey friend,
I’m so sorry that you feel this way. Thank you for being open with us that is very brave and takes a lot of courage.

Anxiety sucks so bad, but I know you are strong enough to not let it control you and your life.
Sometime when we are overwhelmed we feel as if everything is coming down quicker than we can fix it, but you are not falling apart. Fear, anxiety, sadness, guilt; these are all normal things to feel as much as they suck. But they show that you are human and that you care.

You need to take a big step back from your current situation and evaluate how to move forward in a positive way. I know that seems hard to do, but just take 1 hour and think about where you want to be in the future and the steps needed in order to get there. I find this helps me but everyone is different at the end of the day.

I really hope you feel better soon!! You are loved.

Hold fast friend,
Luna :heart:

2 Likes

thankyou for posting this. it means so much that im not alone in such a guilt wave that im constantly trying to fight against <3

1 Like

You will get through this! This just a little bump in the road. I know you’re strong enough to overcome this battle!!
You are not alone and most importantly loved!

Hold fast friend,
Luna :heart:

1 Like

You can do it, and of course you’re not alone. Stay strong, I believe in you.

Thank you so much :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️