Had a bad night

So last night I had a bit of a breakdown Infront of some people online, and now I’m to embarrassed to interact with anyone I don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

Hey friend,

It’s okay to be vulnerable at times, even if other people can see it. We can all be prone to mood shifts and emotional breakdowns. These are not always predictable and not always in our control. You haven’t done anything wrong - what you’ve experienced is part of being human. I promise you there is nothing to be embarrassed for.

I hope the people who were present have welcomed how you were feeling with as much care and understanding as possible. I understand so very much the need to hide after being seen like this. It feels safer to retreat. Take all the time you need to rest and process. But please know also that there is no embarrassment to have for being your vulnerable self. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Yeah I just wish I didn’t always feel so guilty when stuff like this happens, I always feel like I have to hide any sort of emotions like these or I will scare people.

2 Likes

It’s an uncomfortable situation to be in. Especially if you had past experiences during which you have been told/been shown that you would be wrong for basically having emotions. I always feel guilty and end up apologizing to people if I show to them how I feel. Although with real safe people, I am also learning that it is actually okay and nothing bad is going to happen. The good news is that it is completely possible to unlearn this guilt/need to hide. When people genuinely care about you, they are not going to judge you, and there is less this need to hide too. Just by showing up here today and sharing about all of this is already a huge step in this direct. Well done. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Thanks I don’t really feel like I’ve done much but thank you.

2 Likes

Hiya @lonelyfreak
Thank you for posting, Im so sorry this happened last night. @Micro is absolutely right, it is ok to be vunerable, I too find it hard to show emotion in front of others and upset has always come out as frustration or sarcasm for me and I have been judged for it and Im only now starting to learn that if I show how I really feel people will know who I really am and if you are upset about something its ok, as Micro says its all part of being human.
Your friends would probably have felt sad that they couldnt physically reach out for you because that is whay you instictively want to to when you hear a friend in a vunerable state, I dont think for one moment that they would have had any other feeling but love or care for you. This is a new thing you have experienced it seems and again as our wonderful Micro has said, taking some time to come together with your thoughts and feelings is understandable, I think your friends will be just happy to know that you are doing ok on your return. Much Love Lisa xx

2 Likes

Thank you for replying your probably right, I’m just so quick to put myself down that I always feel like no one could like me especially after the way I acted you know?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.