Happiness seems impossible to find

I’m posting this as a long shot because I’m very unhappy with my life and feel like giving up. I have no idea how to find happiness. Is it even possible? I feel no motivation to do things. I can’t pick up hobbies, I can’t talk to girls, I can’t find friends, and I have no clue what I want to do for my career. What the hell am I supposed to do? I went to a therapist and tried anti-depressants and nothing has changed. I still feel like giving up. I’ve read through different mental health places on the internet including on here and I’ve found nothing that helps. Like seriously, all I read is stuff like “you matter!” or “don’t do it!” or “I know how you feel!” But how on earth is this supposed to help me? How can I read this stuff and magically not feel depressed anymore?

1 Like

Meds take some time to kick in. Also it sometimes takes trying a couple different meds to find the right ones. I highly recommend (if you haven’t already) working with a psychiatrist to find a balance that does help. It took me some time but finding the right combo made a huge difference. It doesn’t fix everything but gives you a little boost to help you find some motivation you can build on.
I often find that also helping others can make you feel good and give you a boost. Maybe it is a volunteer opportunity or helping a neighbor. Or just helping someone else have a positive moment from a joke or compliment can give you a boost to help ease your way into feeling a little better.

1 Like

I don’t have an answer. I just wanted to say (((hugs))) to you. I understand how you feel and you’re not alone.

1 Like

I understand the hoplessness. I am sure you have a good reason to feel the way you do. Maybe you have been hurt, you have needs that aren’t met… Of course nothing will help…because perhaps you just need to know its okay to be where you are right now? That there is nothing wrong with where you are… We all want freinds, confidence, and it is frustrating to not be able to figure out how to get what we want and need.