Hard times

I need to get my life back together with all the struggles going on all I wanna do is drink and it’s hard because I need to stop. I miss how life used to be before my sister passed away and I don’t know I just have so much to blame myself for and it’s hard going thorough it all by myself…

2 Likes

Your are not alone, we are here to help you. Instead of drinking please reach out for help or try to put your mind in another place. You are only hurting yourself and we both know that is not going make your sister proud. Try to change your life and make her proud. Try to be better and if you need help we’ll be where always.

3 Likes

Losing someone is really hard. I’m sorry about your sister. Whether it was recent or a long time ago. I know that drinking can often feel like a way to relieve pain. Its good for numbing temporarily, but in the long run alcohol is like a depressant. It can just make you feel a lot worse. And often the weight of the negative effects out weigh the “good” feelings. If you want to call it “good”

Might be time to try to challenge yourself not to buy anymore alcohol. But maybe instead buy things that could make you feel better.

Next time you have the urge to drink, try getting the ingredients for Italian soda instead. Lots of recipes online if you need help! Or maybe just some soda or a seltzer water with some water flavoring of your choice. Mix that with maybe a movie. Whether from netflix, disney plus, hulu or from a redbox rental. Maybe invite a friend over to join you. Have them bring popcorn (:

Sparkling juice is always a fun non alcoholic drink to have around. Maybe pair it with a bubble bath, some good music and candles. This is good for anyone. Male or female.

Maybe you could also make some time to write out some things you want in life. What things youd like to do and achieve and then write down some small goals that could help you achieve those things.

Maybe a therapist could help find some guidance.

Here is a link to some resources provided by Heart Support. Maybe something here could be of help to you.

https://heartsupport.com/resources/

I hope things get better my friend. I’m really sorry you are struggling.
And here is the discord link, in case you aren’t already in it and want to join us there: https://discord.gg/JXZzrKh

Much love

• Kitty
2 Likes

@Yarboroughlauren,

I’m so sorry for your loss, friend. Losing a sibling is beyond words. In such cirsumstances, we can tend to think about alcohol as a way to cope. But you’re already aware that it’s not healthy and you deserve way much better. There are other ways, healthier ones, to get through this progressively. Get rid of alcohol if you still have some at your home. Maybe consider reaching out to a supportive group or a therapist. You don’t have to deal with this alone. When you feel overwhelmed by what’s going on in your life, it’s okay to ask for help.

Hang in there. You are not alone. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m gonna try to stop! It’s just one drink never seems to be enough and I’m so sick of relying on something to make me feel Better and not ever remembering the night because I always drink so much. I’m defiantly gonna try some of these ideas thank you again!

1 Like

As others have said, you are NOT alone! I lost both my younger brother and my older sister, and while it was HORRIBLE, I know my dead loved ones would NOT want me to waste my life pining over them. I don’t mean to say that you shouldn’t remember them sweetly, but, and take if from a “pro” do not pine for them day after day. Time doesn’t necessarily HEAL all wounds, but it does reduce the severity of the wounds. Also, I know my siblings are in Heaven, and will no longer be harmed in any way. God bless.

3 Likes

Its a hard process. But you can do it! Do you think that meetings could be of help? Have a support group? Sometimes having people you can relate to and talk to about it, or have someone to help hold you accountable really goes a long way <3

1 Like

I thought about looking into it but I don’t know if I’m ready for that yet!

2 Likes

That’s fair my friend. Those things take time and can be quite daunting. I hope that you find something that works. Much love

1 Like