Have I ruined my marriage?

I might have ruined my marriage; my wife and I have been married about a year, I know and understand that everyone has struggles, but I am very sad now. Last night was a breaking point for her; we went out to the lake with friends etc, I came back home completly wasted, she asked me to see a message on my phone and I said no and destroyed my phone… whats wrong with me? I use that to work, it’s literally how I run my business, I am not in a good place financially (just graduaded college)

Over a simple pointless message, I ruined our relationship. I avoid drinking because I know myself but last night was a celebration, goodbyes and happiness, I might just be overreacting, and inmature but she wants to take a break which will most likely end up in a Divorce, I am very sad as I write this, this is just the tip of the ice berg, shes the most patient, loving and caring woman I know, and I am affraid to lose her, I will give her space but at this point I do not know what to do; I am inmature

7 Likes

Hey Tony,
Here comes some tough love.
You said yourself that you avoid drinking because you know yourself… and then there’s a but. That’s not a good thing because it’s usually a prequel to an excuse for bad behavior. You’re not over reacting I think you know that you were disrespectful to your wife and the fact that you destroyed your phone was probably a violent reaction that made her think how would he behave if our kids annoyed him! It’s pretty frightening.
Sorry, but I have to be honest,

5 Likes

Hi Tony. You stated that you “know and understand that everyone has struggles” and that you are understandably in a tough place. I just wanted you to know that your struggles are just as valid as everyone elses.

You are not a horrible human being for making a mistake and you deserve as much love as everyone else going through a stressful place.

I am sorry for what you’re going through in this moment. I think now is a great time to take care of your wellbeing. You expressed your problems with drinking and it’s great that you have self awareness in that aspect. It’s all the more reason the help yourself in that regard.

I believe in you and I know you can get through this obstacle. This is your time to love and take care of yourself. Take all the time you need to process through this break because I know it will be tough in the beginning. I’m rooting for you :heart:

2 Likes

Hi @tony467 ,

The HeartSupport Houston team responded to your post here. Hold fast friend, and lean on our community!

• John
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.