Having a hard night

I don’t really know how to feel or what to feel. I guess I’m just overthinking again. I keep having thoughts of past memories and people and I just can’t stop it.
I feel like I’ve let so many people down. I feel like I’m wasting everyone’s time. I know I get so much support and love from this community, and I’m so grateful. I’ve never felt so wanted and loved in my life. I’m so sorry that I can’t get better. I’m trying my best, I really am. Its just hard for me.
it just feels like everything’s falling. I feel like I can’t breathe and the moment I catch a breath, everything’s gonna cave in even more.
I honestly don’t get it. I’ve actually had a pretty good last couple of days. Then tonight I just broke. The day ended and I was alone with my thoughts, and I just couldn’t do anything but think about everything thats happened, is happening, and will happen, and just cry.

1 Like

Don’t feel sorry for feeling how you feel. We all have our moments where we struggle. Sometimes negative thoughts will come. Right now I know it’s hard. But hold on to the fact that they will pass. I’m having negative thoughts tonight as well. But I’m taking comfort in the fact that, in time, they will pass. That is what is getting me through. I know they aren’t true, even when they keep repeating themselves. I hope you can hold on to a hope like this, too. That these thoughts won’t last forever. :heart:

1 Like

Hey @nicole_kaley,

I’m so sorry to hear that you were struggling last night. I hope today is much better. I tend to find myself slipping into my mind the later it gets, so I make sure to get to bed on-time (or early, if possible) to #1) get enough rest in order to fight the next day, but also to #2) refrain me from continuing to go down the dark rabbit hole of my thoughts.

Remember that feelings are NOT facts. Feelings fluctuate, but facts remain true. Although you may feel like you’ve let so many people down and although you feel like you’re wasting everyone’s time - the fact is, is that you have NOT let people down and are NOT wasting anyone’s time. Unless someone has directly told you, don’t dwell in those lies.

Please keep us updated. We care about you and want to see you get better.

-Eric

1 Like

@nicole_kaley,

We all have those days and trust me I stumble too. We are human it’s okay to just take a day. The thoughts that keep coming back they are not true whether you believe them or not is up to you. You haven’t let anyone down by going back to your thoughts trust me I do it almost daily.

Don’t feel ashamed of your thoughts it will get and be better eventually. Keep holding on to what you have right now because it will help you get through this.

Hold Fast,
PMacDanceDude (Patrick) Team Out of the Ashes

1 Like