Having some family issues

Um…Hi. I’ve been having trouble with my brother lately. He has been hitting me and hurting me. I told my parents absolutely everything he has done and they havent done anything. I dont know what to do anymore. It has been so affective that I have resorted to self harm by scratching my arms. My parents seem to love him more than me. My parents dont want me to have a phone but, they gave my brother a phone and a tv though. He even has his own tree out in the yard. Im just tired of this and I dont know what to do. Please help me.

1 Like

Hey friend

It mess up that your family is treating you this way. It easy to take blame for yourself. Parents are not always perfect and sometime to be honest they are not good at all. I hate how people abuse each other at times, it never solve anything and it degrading.

I know self harm is hard habit to break and it’s take work, however the earlier you start the easier it will become and it good to stop self harm when your young. There book on this website call rewrite which is good. Also there a lot YouTube videos on mental health. Please don’t punish yourself, you don’t deserve it. I know these are hard times and the world fucking sucks man. But it good you come here and there people that care about you.

Here other options beside self harm

1. Holding ice cube
  2. Waste your face with cold water
  3. Punching a pillow
  4. Screaming into a pillow
  5. Use a rubber band

Also it try learn self to dense, you have a right to protect your self and there video online. I’m been doing a shadow boxing a little. It good work out and at least some moves, it make feel less weak.

That really sucks. I’m sorry you have to go through this. We are here for you, here to listen, and give advice.

I just want you to know you are not alone.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the support and help. I just find it hard to to find help that can actually help me.
I often hate myself for not getting help. But, im glad im here now.

2 Likes