HeartSupport Fan #1

im afraid my brother is going to get a divorce…i try to help but fear i cant do anything. I just want him to be happy :confused:

I don’t know your brothers story or situation - but perhaps a divorce would make him happy?

As hard as it is, you cannot be in charge of someone else’s happiness. All you can do is be there for them to listen and to support them with love. It’s hard and it sucks but it’s sometimes all you can do.

I hope things get better!

Hey friend. My parents were going through a phase where I thought they were going to divorce and there was nothing I could do. Have you spoken to your brother about what’s going on? Letting him talk could be a major help. Ultimately it’s his choice, but just by telling him that you are there for him and support him, you ARE helping. I hope things get sorted, but don’t feel like you’re useless here. You’re loved.

Hold Fast
Kayla

I understand how you feel. You are a very good sibling and of course you want your brother to be happy. You being there for him is more than good enough. I’m sure your brother wants to be happy too and he really appreciates your support. It will get better. Your brother is taking steps to achieve his own happiness and sometimes it takes a little bit of suffering.

Hey, my parents are separated right now and my mom actually filed for divorce last December. I understand where you are at!
Sometimes things are beyond our physical control, because people will make their own decisions in life, whether good or bad.
The important thing we as people on the outside of the situation can do is to be a part of the solution, not the problem. That doesn’t necessarily mean offer unsolicited advice or opinions, but simply to love both people and to be there for them when they need it. Don’t take sides, but remind them that hope is never lost and nothing is ever beyond reconciling if we choose to humble ourselves and forgive. :slight_smile:

Hi there, I can’t imagine what you are going through. It can be so hard. You have worth, you matter, you are loved, and you belong. Positivity being sent your way today!

I am so glad you reached out. Your words show your kind, caring and loving heart. Divorce is never an easy choice. I know personally from growing up in a divorced family the real struggles that can happen. It is hard to watch those you love hurt. If I may, I will pray for healing and comfort for your brother and family. I will pray for you as well, friend. My prayer is that you are able to see when your brother needs encouragement and that God would give you just the right words to comfort and encourage. We all have our own journeys and challenges in life. All we can do for our friends and loved ones during hard times is walk along side them without judgement but with love and understanding.