HeartSupport Fan #10

I’ve been struggling with my mental health for so long and I don’t know how to start getting help. My parents don’t believe that mental illness is real.

I understand how you feel. My parents never believed in mental illness and how it an affect your life. There are other ways to help besides paying for a psychologist at times. Sometimes it’s starts with simply finding a person you trust and expressing how you feel. Sometimes writing it down and then throwing it away helps. Sometimes you have to feel what’s wrong in order to let it out and heal from it. I would try doing or trying something you love in order to express it and heal with it.

I have also struggled with my mental health for many years. I often feel that most people around me think mental illness isn’t real. It is very real. I personally struggle with depression and anxiety and it was hard for me to start getting help as well. The best things that help me are reaching out and talking to others to know I am not alone. I use the heartsupport chat forums and it is a great place to get advice and support. You’ve got this! I am sorry your parents feel that way. I hope that they can be more understanding for you in the future. Also if you feel you need help you can always talk about it with your physician. I just want you to know you are so loved <3 and I know how hard it is.

Hey. The hardest thing is to begin the process of trying to get better. I made a graffiti bg on our stream for you to download and remember it’s ok to BEGIN.

3 Likes