HeartSupport Fan #102

I feel like I’m losing confidence.

5 Likes

I’m sorry you’re feeling that way! Is there anything that helps you boost your confidence?

1 Like

Not really, I usually will start sweating when I’m presenting something to my classmates and teacher.

1 Like

That’s an almost universal problem for people. Even people who look confident in front of a group, tend to be anxious. Lots of practice reduces that kind of “stage fright,” but a lot of very successful actors and hosts agree, that having a bit of anxiety actually helps, because the audience finds that bit of anxious body language relatable.

I know sometimes if I have to speak in public, which isn’t much these days, but at school, I would write down everything I needed to say, and practice it over and over. Practice in the mirror, practice to friends or family, and then also have some bullet points. That way when it was happening, even if I were nervous, I can glance at the bullet points and remember where I am in the speech. Even if you fumble over words, it’s okay! Everyone does from time to time. Sometimes it really does take habit building for people like you or I who struggle in the face of crowds

2 Likes

Hi friend,
thank you for sharing. i think that is a pretty general, we all can relate to it, me also.
if you like, you can mention it when you start. i have a open talk session about my depression, i have written
down some words, to keep track in it. maybe this can help you and comfort you a bit more.
no one is judging you, they are there to listen and most of them have the same problem.
you will do great, you are loved and you matter most :purple_heart: feel hugged

1 Like

Btw, this is Katelynn.

Hi there,

This is such a almost universal thing I have experienced this sort of presentation. My strategy was to include parts that require audience participation, so they are inited to answer a question so they can help me along. But most people are kinder than we think, and understand our fear. Rehearse the material as best as you can with family or friends, and remind yourself that people do care what info you are sharing.

1 Like

Hey there, friend. Public speaking. Oof. Honestly I feel like you can be the most confident person ever or know so much about your topic and yet there is still that fear of screwing up in front of others that makes most people nervous about public speaking. I have had presentations at school when I thought I was so prepared and I knew everything and had it all completely memorised and then I get up in front of everyone and suddenly I get sweaty and nervous and it’s just such a difficult thing to overcome for so many people.

I encourage you to google some tips and stories from people about it. It may help you feel less alone and maybe help you feel a little more confident and less nervous about your presentations. I found one video that may be helpful for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5mYphUoOCs

You may also download some confidence building affirmations and memes from google to look at when you are feeling less confident.

Good luck! You can do it! :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you feel that way. But have you tried exploring new things? I have low self-esteem and I tried exploring new styles and my confidence was boosted a lot. It’s not for everyone though. I’m not sure what you aren’t confident about, but if it’s about appearance, then try something new and fun! You are loved don’t forget that! <3

Sorry, I’ve been kinda busy, and I have tried to explore new things.

2 Likes

Positive affirmation may seem cringe but those are always an option too! Like looking at yourself in the mirror and saying danggggg I look good today! and like doing fun little poses in front of a mirror helps lol it seems VERY weird but it does give a little bit of energy to hold you up throughout the day.

Hi friend, I’m here to check in with you.

How have you been doing these past ten days? I’m here to listen if you need me.

I’m done with being mistreated by peers. I can’t do it anymore.

I just want to get away from it all.