HeartSupport Fan#16

Hello and I’m struggling to have “real life” friends. Seems nowadays that most friends I have are online. Sometimes it gets so bad that my Mom calls me up and we go do things together. The irony is I live in an apartment complex that has 38 units, but the majority of the people here just want to keep to themselves. Unless they need something and come knocking on my door lol. I do normal things and go out in public and shop and stuff, but do it alone most the time. I do help people, mostly online and always feel great about that! I’m not sure why this is, but thinking personally it could be a combination of things. Like being asian, being autistic, in my 40’s??? I rarely call or reach out for help, but sometimes it does get me down and makes me sad. Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a wonderful day!!!

There’s nothing wrong with having friends online. I’ve always felt more comfortable having conversations online than face to face. If you wish to become friends with people face to face, you just have to put yourself out there more. You may also have to leave your comfort zone at times. But having friends online is completely normal, because that’s mainly how people communicate now days.

1 Like

Thanks Larynjoy for your post! Getting out sometimes is kind of hard with some health issues, but not too awfully bad. We do live in a different age nowadays. I guess also my social phobia does come into play now and then. Thanks again for your post and have a great day!