HeartSupport Fan #36

I just can’t get my eating right. I would like to be more healthy, but every time a try a new thing, I end up crashing and burning and ending up at square 1. Sometimes I end up further back than when I started. Needing some encouragement.

2 Likes

It can be hard to feel like you’re eating “right.” And that looks different for everyone. Dieting is difficult, making lifestyle changes is difficult. The best changes are ones you can stick to - but that still doesn’t mean you’ll never end up at “square 1” again. Keep pushing, love your body, do what you can to support your health, and forgive yourself for “failing.” You can do this! Be healthy! <3

1 Like

Honestly, I deal with the same thing, but I definitely agree with @MommaFoxFire in that with most things it is a process and you have to remember that “right” and “healthy” are different for everyone. Start by eating things that make you feel good- not worrying about carbs or sugars or even sticking to a specific “plan.” Your body knows what it needs and if you try to cut out too much it will set you back in your process. Don’t like the taste of food that you consider good for you? Find something else or go crazy with your spice cabinet/ dressings. It takes three days to set a trend, break a habit, so pay attention to that when you do try something new, and remember that this is a process that is supposed to make you happier, feel better about yourself, so have fun trying new recipes and make some weird avocado cookies or something. Give yourself gold stars when you feel like you’re excelling! Find someone to help you stick to your plan.

Enjoy your journey. We’re proud of you for taking care of yourself. You’ve got this! And if you mess up, or fall back, it happens to everyone, especially me. Remember that you haven’t failed until you give up on yourself. It can be a long frustrating process, so don’t be afraid to ask for more encouragement along the way.

Good luck and happy eating!
Fox

Disclaimer- I have never eaten avocado cookies and thus cannot attest to their tastiness

1 Like