HeartSupport Fan #66

I’ve been doing EMDR therapy for my ptsd and it uncovered some thoughts and questionable memories that make me wonder if my dad sexually abused me. He caused my ptsd. I am also stressed with school, and have very few friends.

4 Likes

@HeartSupport_Fans
I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I know when I realized why I had such bad issues with stuff and it clicked that my dad had done things. I remember that my own mental health was so hard during that time. But if you need you have this community we will be there to help however we can.

Hold fast
Ash

3 Likes

Hey friend,

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s incredibly painful to be in this situation of wondering if someone so close to you, someone who was supposed to make you feel safe, could have hurt you in such a violent way. When I first had memories about past abuses in my family, it was hard not to question my own sanity and I remember that it was a stressful season to me. It’s hard to navigate those feelings and questions and I hope you know that you won’t be alone through all of this. We’re here to support you, as much as you need and as much as you’re willing to let us be there for you.

Slowly but surely, you will figure out what happened, at your own pace. In the meantime, take it easy friend. Therapy and EMDR can be pretty exhausting sometimes, and it’s okay to make self-care a priority during those times. You deserve to feel safe and at peace, as much as possible.

I’m sending love your way. :heart:

I’d like to volunteer my friendship. I thought I had some good friends but as time went by I noticed more and more people just stopped getting in touch with me. I’m basically a loner struggling too. So if you want just message me anytime. One strange thing I have with my depression is I can hide it well and once I feel a little less stressed I can make most people laugh. I’m new to this whole thing so I’m trying my best

This topic was automatically closed after 160 days. New replies are no longer allowed.