HeartSupport Fan #82

I sleep in bed all day and am having problems with a game I like

3 Likes

Hey friend,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and for benig here. You are in a safe place. :hrtlegolove:

It sounds that you’ve been going through a rough time lately. Maybe feeling like losing your motivation as well? For what it’s worth, I’ve surely felt the way you do. Sleeping has been, during the hardest times of being depressed, one of my coping mechanisms, and just a way to escape from the constant heaviness and numbness I experienced. However, in the long run, it creates a vicious cycle when our body gets more tired and when we are less and less motivated to actually live and embrace a fresh new day.

Did you already have the opportunity to talk about it with someone? Whether it’s a family member or a friend, but overall someone you trust. Do you live with someone who might have noticed how you’re feeling lately? To break down these difficult patterns we sometimes feel stuck in, it’s important to reach out and ask for help. I’d personally love to hear a little more about you, your context, maybe what brought you to feel like sleeping all day as well. Just to understand a little more and support you better.

I promise you that you are not alone. If you’d like to discuss more, please feel free to create an account on the Support Wall and keep this conversation on. We’re here for you. Many people understand how it feels to feel stuck in some patterns we don’t want, whether it’s about sleeping or this game you’ve mentioned. There are ways to get unstuck, little by little.

You’ve chosen the category “This will never get better”, and I can surely understand how it might feel that way. But you’ve acknowledge the problem today. You’re sharing about something that’s not sattisfying for you right now. It’s a first step. One to be proud of. Let’s try to build some other steps together, with the help of this community, if you’d like too. You are among friends here. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hey friend,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out on the wall. That takes a lot of courage, even if it’s anonymous.

This topic actually feels kind of familiar. Not too long ago I felt quite similar. Couldn’t get out of bed, everything just felt like it wasn’t going my way, couldn’t do the things I usually liked doing, just wanted to sleep all day. Sound kind of similar?
It can be really hard to have to get up every day to do the things that need to be done, especially when there’s this feeling that is just dragging you down and it might feel like it gets harder and harder to get up and do things. Micro actually already kind of explained that it is a vicious cycle that our body gets more tired and less motivated when we don’t take the time to actually live life. It’s funny how we people tend to wait for motivation to do its magic, while the truth is that motivation will catch up once we have started the day. This is something that actually works for me, I give myself 5 minutes to do something that feels like it will take a lot of energy and if after 5 minutes it still feels it takes too much energy, I will stop. At least I had 5 minutes in which I did it, which is a win. But more often than not, motivation has already caught up in those 5 minutes and I continue finishing that job, which is an even bigger win. Nice, right?

I actually also think it might be a good idea to talk to someone you trust. They might be able to listen and maybe even help you with things that you are having trouble with. It’s not a bad thing to ask for help. It’s actually showing someone that you trust them. It shows you that you’re not alone in the way you feel, just look at Micro and me sharing that we both have had to deal with these feelings too. Feel free to share more about your story if you feel like you need to or like you want to. We would love to get to know you better here and like Micro said: you’re among friends here. We won’t judge and are very good at listening.

You’re Loved! You’re Strong! You’re Beautiful! You’re Important! :hrtlegolove:

-Nyntje

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 329 days. New replies are no longer allowed.