HeartSupport Fan #87

Someone left me and lied saying they weren’t ready for a relationship and they’re already dating someone else. I’m broken and I feel nothing. I’m numb.

4 Likes

Hi, I am so sorry this happened to you.
There is never ever a good way to let someone down, sometimes people tell you things in the hope that you won’t feel hurt or let down and inevitably it still does and it will for a little while.
You feel really let down and I understand that and that will sting for a while but you will start to recover.
I am certain you will go on to meet other people and one of those will be that special person who will be ready and you will look back on this as a bad memory.
In the meantime, be kind to yourself, please don’t take this as a life long rejection as it really is not. You are hurting and sad right now but you are also a wonderful, valued and loved human being who will be happy again.
Much Love
Lisa :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Lisa. I just want to forget about this pain but it won’t go away, I wish I could rush the process

3 Likes

Hey friend,

I’m so very sorry. It is truly heartbreaking when the person you love leaves you for someone else. How you feel right now makes sense and as you said it’s going to take time for you to process what happened. I wish there was a way to rush that process too. It is not fair to go through this and having to deal with the aftermath. So, please take it easy. Be kind to yourself. You are grieving and experiencing something painful so there is no need to expect yourself to be functioning as you would in “normal” times.

This person’s decision was their own, and I hope you will keep in your heart the fact that it doesn’t reflect who you are nor your right to be loved and cared for. Rejection can make us doubt of ourselves in so many painful ways. But you are worthy and you are enough as you are, regardless of what happened.

I’m sending hugs your way. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I do know what you mean, you want to go to sleep and wake up when the hurting stops right? I’ve been there myself as have many, its a horrible feeling but looking back on that I wonder if we are meant to experience those pains in order to really appreciate the joy and happiness when we do find it? I don’t know if that is the case but it gives a reason for why we experience hurt.
It will start to ease soon I promise and your life will continue. Try to get out and do some of the things you enjoy even if its really hard to do it will help to be around others.
xx

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.