HeartSupport_Fans Content #136

This topic is from INSTAGRAM where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

When HeartSupport approached me asking me to talk about the things I’ve been struggling with in terms of my mental health, I actually struggled with what to say.

Because today, my life is absolutely amazing. I have a job that I’m passionate about, an incredible support system and family, a fun and loving group of friends, and I genuinely wake up every day feeling pretty happy.

And this is remarkable because about 2 years ago, I wanted to die. I felt completely cut off from parts of my identity, home, and community. I was in a monthly cycle of self harm and didn’t understand what was wrong with me, and by the end of 2020, I just wanted the pain to stop. I thought feeling even “okay” was beyond the realm of possibility and had completely given up hope.

I’m so grateful for the handful of people who dragged me, kicking and screaming, back from the edge.

The point I want to make in sharing all of this is that it is possible for things to be that bad, and eventually be this good. We hear all the time “it gets better” but I had no idea what was actually within the realm of possibility. That “better” can mean “amazing”.

For me, that took getting diagnosed with PMDD, a physically and psychiatrically debilitating hormone condition that is exacerbated by age and improper medications. With that diagnosis (in addition to the ADHD and PTSD I’ve been aware of for most of my life) I finally was able to get off the wrong meds and onto the right ones. That helped me shift from living from crisis to crisis, to having the stability necessary to do deep trauma healing work using IFS therapy.

Everyone’s lived experience, and the impact it has on each of us psychologically, is so vastly unique. That’s why so often, we’re told that the first step to feeling better, in big or small ways, is to talk to someone.

I took the step to reach out when I was struggling and now I invite you to do the same. Share what you are struggling with by tagging @heartsupport and their community will encourage you.

:camera:: @katyhamm
@heartsupportwall @heartsupportvets @hsdevtest @hsdevtest2
@taylor
@thehilperts
@tearsontourofficial #wmhd #worldmentalhealthday #wmhd2022

2 Likes

You’re such a badass. :black_heart: thank you for being so transparent about your struggles and helping those around tou

1 Like

:fire::black_heart:=======================

1 Like

Happy you’re still here.=

1 Like

:heart: to you!===============

1 Like

Love you to the moon and back! So proud of you for all you do to help mankind!!! You are amazing!!!:heart::heart:

1 Like

I am SOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! I finally started therapy this year and have been feeling AMAZING as well. Stoked to hear you’re feeling like your best stuff. Can’t wait to support you on the stage again, should you keep acting of coruse :heart_eyes:

1 Like

SOO HAPPY YOU’RE HERE! Thank you for sharing your struggles, we are all here for you :heart:

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart:===================

1 Like

I’m glad you’re the happy person you are today. Everything has its ups and downs, and when it reaches its peak, bad things can’t stay bad. Things will get better. I don’t know what it’s like to be sick. I can only say something to show my support. May only experience what is bad, can feel the happiness of life now. The pressure we face, the obstacle is a blip on our way to success. We will get over it. Everything is waiting for us. Cherish and appreciate the present life. We love and love our people.

1 Like

Wow im so glad Lauren is still alive, I mean we all experiences struggles but its always sad hearing about our favs struggling

1 Like

I admire your openness about your mental health struggles, Lauren, since even after all these years there is still such a stigma in our society when compared to discussing physical illness & disability. I have written on FB about my own challenges with depression and the critical importance of psychotherapy, medications, and–with treatment-resistant depression–ECT (Electroconvulsive Treatment.) There is an epidemic, especially among young people, of problems with anxiety and depression, and it’s so important that we get the message out that help is available. Cheers to you, and I hope to see you at Karaoke sometime soon! :heart:

1 Like

:heart:=======================

1 Like

:metal:t3::black_heart::metal:t3:====================

1 Like

:fire::black_heart:=======================

1 Like

:fire::black_heart::black_heart:======================

1 Like

Lauren has brought me back from the edge more times than I can count. She’s an incredible human being and her voice and it’s impact is palpable. :black_heart:

1 Like

As always, your courage and strength shines through you even during your darkest hours. Always have been and continue to be an inspiration to me @kashanclaws

1 Like

@heartsupport can you tag the artist/band?

Hi. I just found out who you are. A video from HeartSupport came across my YouTube feed and I ended up going through a lot of those videos and one of those was yours. Your story touched me and I wanted to find you. I had never been into Sharptooth so I started there. That didn’t get me far. You may never see this but I wanted to tell you thank you for speaking out.