HeartSupport_Fans Content #298

This topic is from INSTAGRAM where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

View media here: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.29350-15/313481700_450947757178834_3898789244314811334_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8ae9d6&_nc_ohc=2vTY8nWRESIAX-6DYc1&_nc_oc=AQkujqHW2Knt1641izXE01wd9UcEVBlLPgHtWzUf6RQbd-bA2gHSo8OO1bs3PZUGkNE&_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com&edm=AL-3X8kEAAAA&oh=00_AfCxK57cy7WrnHAKLYWZ__GaO7yM2lQGydbhvjYwCbT7kA&oe=63672093

As far back as I can remember, I have always struggled with this idea of acceptance.

I played sports but never fit in with the other athletes. I loved music and art but was never accepted into their world. I didn’t have cool clothes, I didn’t know the right things to say to show others that I could fit in with them. My earliest memories of school were being made fun of because of how I looked, my interests, and how I dressed. I would try to laugh with everyone or just take the ridicule but it would eventually hit a boiling point and I would break.

As I got older I realized that if I was better at making fun of myself than everyone else, then it would stop. But that was just a temporary fix for something that was a struggle deep inside. It was during my transition from high school to college that I realized this desire I had to be loved and accepted unconditionally. I found this love and acceptance through God.

Even though I came to a place that gave me peace and stability, it by no means “solved the problem” of things I would go on to face. Being in the music industry introduced a whole new mess of struggles regarding this idea of acceptance. When we got signed and started touring full-time, I saw this same struggle of acceptance show up again. I wanted to be authentic, real, and honest about what I am passionate about, but found an incredible irony that the place I felt should be open for expression offered for me more judgment and exclusivity. It took me a while as a musician to become comfortable in my own skin.

I want to be clear, I am not fixed. No one is. There will always be semblances of pain and darkness that whisper in the background, but I have hope. I am healing and you can too. If you’re struggling you can take a step toward healing with me, and share what you’re going through by tagging @heartsupport in the comments. Their community will provide you with love and encouragement.

@heartsupportwall @heartsupportwall3 @heartsupportwall4 @heartsupportwall2 @heartsupportwall5 @heartsupportwall6

2 Likes

:mending_heart:=====================

My people! :sob::sob::mending_heart:========

EVERYONE wants to feel included, valued and loved. Why is it so hard…? Because it’s easier to disregard people when they don’t fit your preconceived idea of cool, acceptable, lovable or whatever than to engage with them and love them. I’m 51 and have dealt with feeling disregarded for most of my life. God will never leave you or forsake you, but people sure will…

Awesome letter - and y’know, there’s a lot of people in the world that not only care but see your example (and that of many others) and take encouragement. I think that’s at least part of what it means to say “iron sharpens iron”. We’re all messed up but God can work through us to help one another know Him better.

I love you brother @scobucci God bless you

First half of this felt like I wrote it myself. Super relatable. Thanks for sharing.

I feel, I also feel that need for acceptance…but what about when you feel you are not accepted by other Christians? When you can’t be your authentic self as a Christian? Just…thinking about that a lot lately.

1 Like

Love you Steveo :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:======

Thanks for your words brother
God bless ya
You’re awesome, no matter what they say

I really love this community

These help. It humanizes us all. While your songs definitely convey this, you looked so ready and confident in person.

1 Like

Inspiring, the reason I absolutely love your music is because you can feel that authenticity, it doesn’t feel like you are trying to be cool or follow trends or copy, it feels like you are being you. You can feel the humanity in your songs and the rawness and that is what I love about it.

1 Like

I never felt accepted and went through many things that you did too. I still don’t feel accepted at times, and half of it being a Christian. Love your music!

1 Like

@scobucci @wolvesatthegate I can’t express how much of a blessing your guys music has been in my life. Thank you for the authenticity in your lyrics and as fellow brothers in Christ. EVERY TIME I listen to you guys, the eyes of my heart are directed back at Christ. The encouragement your music & lyrics have been to me is indescribable, thank you :pray:t3:

1 Like

Overshared… deleted… thanks… :confused:

This thread showed up on my feed because I follow @scobucci and wolves at the gate. If anyone wants someone to listen to them and talk to please DM me. If anyone wants to know why there is suffering and wants to know about Christ the Lord Jesus and Salvation, please I would be thrilled to chat with you