HeartSupport_Fans Fans #91

This is a Topic from Instagram. In order to participate in these conversations, you need to sync with our Porter Instagram software here .

From acumen82: Ok so I’m a little late to this page… but extremely happy I found it… so last month I lost a great friend to a car accident… and I honestly have been having an awful time coping and adjusting to him being gone… the second slide helped so much and I honestly didn’t realize it… I didn’t do a letter just a text to his phone and told him how I felt… I had been texting him as a coping mechanism but this one hit different… I honestly feel better… not that he is gone but just calmed… thank u @heartsupport I’m sure this page has helped so many… :pray:t6::pray:t6::blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

Hey friend, I’m so very sorry for the loss of your friend. It must have been so brutal and heartbreaking to face such tragedy so suddenly. I hope you make sure to give yourself as much grace and patience that you need during this painful time. Your body and your mind will need to follow their own pace to process and learn to cope with this traumatic grief. I have myself lost people quite suddenly who meant the world to me, and it’s been a real journey to compose with their absence. The world keeps going and we can feel the pressure of “having” to move on while, really, it’s essential to create the space and time we need to process and grieve. I’m so grateful to hear that texting him has given you some relief too. It is such a powerful step to take, such a strong way to acknowledge how you feel and allow your emotions to just be. I’m sending plenty of thoughts and hugs your way. Take it one day at a time, and know that our community is ready to be by your side through it all. You’re not alone. <3