HeartSupportHouston Fan #2

I know there’s help out there for me, but I don’t trust it. I’m struggling deeply with panic attacks and anxiety, but I only ever get prescribed medication that doesn’t work. Does anyone actually really care?

2 Likes

I hear that! It’s so so hard to build up a level of trust with organizations trying to help (HeartSupport include - we’re not perfect!). Especially when you’ve been let down by processes or other people in the past. We’re here to listen, even if listening just means actually listening and communicating to you that you are not alone. We. Care. It’s that simple, and if you’d like to open up more, we’re here to help you navigate your struggles.

I care. Although I didn’t experience panic attacks, I still imagine how terrible they can be. I sometimes feel anxiety too.

I don’t really know what to say, but just know that I am here for you and that I care about you. :heart:

Hey friend, we care. Really. Panic attacks sucks so much. And I can imagine your frustration when the only thing you receive after reaching out are medications. Those can be helpful, but they are like a crutch, something that gives you some relief while you work on yourself. They can be worth it, but it’s also a matter of finding the right ones. If you feel like you’re not heard by your doctor, please don’t hesitate to see someone else. You deserve to be understood and to receive the care and support you need. Their job is not to make you feel more isolated with your struggles, but to make decisions with you.

You’re not alone, friend. And you’ll tame this freaking anxiety, with the right amount of support. You, your well-being, are worth the efforts it takes to reach out, to persevere in finding what would work for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 121 days. New replies are no longer allowed.