Spikes of panic
Plummets of depression
Surges of pain
Yearning to yawn
Can’t sleep
Heat wave

3 Likes

Hi @Derpplup
I am sorry you are feeling like this. I am sure there are many people here that relate to how you feel. I have similar feelings too although not the same exactly. We are here for you ok. You are loved and appreciated here. Have you tried looking in the community resources on HS discord? There are some really good guided meditation and relaxation exercises. Some of them might help at least a little bit. I really hope things will get better for you soon :heart:

1 Like

Hey Friend, thanks for sharing this poem. I hope that you were able to write out some healing stuff for yourself as I know what those pings of panic feel like - they physically hurt.

The creative outlet you have is amazing and it can relate to people, though, I hope you were able to get out of the dark hole of depression after writing this. That said, do you have more poems that you can share? Have you thought of putting this into a collection of stories and sharing them on a blog outside of heartsupport?

1 Like

Hallos! I’m sorry, you are feeling like this I know this feeling. Usually, depression comes from a lack of sleep from the heat which is understandable. The best ways to sleep in heatwaves this will sound bizarre but works to keep your room cool is closing the window and keeping you curtains shut and when you’re not in the room keep your door shut it keeps the room really cool. I hope sleeping get’s easier for you <3

1 Like

I don’t write poetry often I think I’ve only ever done two and they are both on this forum most of my art is painting

3 Likes

Nerd fact - Poetry was known by the ancient Greeks as the purest form of creation. It was because a poet could have us imagine worlds that didn’t exist in reality.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.