Help me. 🤚

I have a huge addication to my bf. I would fail classes and jump in the snow etc. For him, I really need help.

Hey there friend,

I think that when we feel these very intense feelings, it’s important to take a moment to reflect on where they’re coming from and why we’re feeling them. I can’t read too much into the situation as I don’t have much context on it and I’m only grasping and straws here.

Where do you think this addictive feelings are coming from? Do you think that he wouldn’t be with you if you don’t act a certain way?

It’s important in a relationship to be yourself, because that’s the only way you can tell if the two of you ACTUALLY work out. If your bf is telling you to do things that are unsafe, unhealthy, or that you don’t want to do, then you shouldn’t do them. If he is persistent, and refuses to accept no, absolutely break up with him, he’s not worth your time.

If this addiction is impacting your life negatively, it’s very important that you start to take steps to slow it as soon as possible. If he is causing it, you might need to break up with him, or get some more space to yourself so that you can think and act clearly.

Thanks for reaching out friend!

5 Likes

Welcome the the community @Ihaveaddicationhelp! Thank you so much for posting and sharing with us. I know when I was much younger and getting into dating, everything was so new and exciting. My very first serious boyfriend was a wild ride, I wanted to talk to them all the time and do everything together. I was basically eat, sleep, breathe my love for this boy. It was very puppy love at the time, basically tunnel vision where I couldn’t focus on anything else.

First step to an addiction is admitting you have one and it doesn’t have to be an addiction to caffeine, sugar, video games, etc… I think since you realize this, it’s time to take a step back to understand why you feel this way over your partner. Since you are looking for help and advice it is safe to say that this relationship is impacting your life negatively. There are some really great articles out there for relationship addictions. I recommend reading the one I linked. They have some tips for overcoming it. You are most important and if you are failing classes or don’t care about grades, then maybe consider spending less time together, taking a break or even ending the relationship until those things improve. Don’t let grades, eating, sleeping, spending time with really good friends, spending time with family, etc… take a back seat to your boyfriend.

I hope this helps! There isn’t too much information into your original post, like @nzkiwi442 said in their post

I can’t read too much into the situation as I don’t have much context on it and I’m only grasping and straws here.

Good luck and I hope it all works out!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.