Help with father

Hello friends,

Today I write about my father. I woke up this morning and had this heavy on my heart. My relationship with my father wasn’t the best. There were a lot of problems. Since him and my mother are divorced I get to see him. Now that I am of a certain age I can chose if I want to see him. I wrote him a letter explaining how I felt and that I needed space. I haven’t seen him for about four months. I need to text him soon telling him that I don’t want to have a relationship with him anymore. He’s already lost me and I figured out that happened long ago. I want to return my phone to him since he is paying for it and I don’t want to seem like a freeloader. I just need some help on what to say. And how to say it. It can be hard because I feel like I have no one to turn to. Thank you for reading :))).

From yours,
Cow

3 Likes

I’m really sorry that this is happening to you, it’s a form of loss and even if your not close to him, I can understand your morning the loss of a father figure in some way.
My father and never had a good relationship and it broke when I left the church. He made me miserable for a long time until I told him he can’t be part of my life. I can’t say it’s the same case for you… we all have different stories. But this is how I went about it: I took a good day where I wasn’t stressed over things and I explained to him calmly that I needed him to not participate in my life. It was a struggle because he told me I owed him my life and such but I stayed firm and calm and told him I won’t argue or fight him, because there is nothing between us to fight for. I apologized and told him I understood how he felt and wished him good luck.
I’m sure your case is different but I found keeping a cool head and being respectful helped me a lot. It felt like I was the adult. And If it helps: numerate to yourself the reasons why, sort of like practicing a speech, so you don’t forget any and it’s easier to get it across
Good luck and I wish you all the strengh

2 Likes

Thank you that helped me a lot I’ll be sure to take your advice.

2 Likes

I can’t give you advise since I am struggling with the same thing but I’m always here to talk <3. You got this! :blush:

1 Like

Hey there, @i_to_be_a_cow

I hope you don’t mind, I’ve made a response to this post for you on my Instagram, here is the link for you to see it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM4u0l7nm1b/?igshid=1wavlot67qw3h

I wanted to show you how much we appreciate you.
We can do this together, please know you have our full support!:pray::green_heart:

1 Like

Thank you :)). That’s very kind of you my good hooman. I’ll be sure to take your advice.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.