Help With Running Away

I already tried killing myself because of my mom, but that didn’t work. So now i am going to run away from home. Hopefully permanently. I need help finding safe places other than my friend’s houses. I just need places within walking distance of Roswell High School in Georgia to go to.

Since I still want to go to school, but I can’t handle going home to my mom for another day. She won’t allow me to get better and she is just continuing to verbally put me down since she can’t hit me anymore. I also have no money so I’m fully aware of not being able to go to my therapist after this. Unless I choose there as a safe place. And by planning to do this I’m majorly going out of my comfort zone and I know that. I just want to be away from my mom.

hey @Dominion
Just want to say sorry to see that your going through this , that your own mother is putting you through this pain. Have you tried talking to her about how shes making you feel? from mother to son communication is a good key to let each other know how you feel .
If you dont feel comfortable , have you tried going to a school counselor and letting them know what is happening? i know some parents may be in denial but your safety comes first.
By the way thank you for opening up . I know how it is to be in a situation like you . I remember 1-2 times where i was in a similar situation as you . The first time i got hit by a pair of socks by my grandmother because i threw a ball at my dad and it hit him in a place where it did hurt. The second incident involved my father and this dude , well my whole family including my sister to were i was personally grabbed by my dad and this dude and placed into my dad car years later probably they dont remember it but sometimes forgiveness is key . I know you probably may not be able to forgive . Try your best for your saftey friend.
Hold fast,
Ashley

Have you talked to any teachers you get along with or maybe a friend’s parent? Maybe there is someone who can help you find some options. If it is between suicide and getting out of your home I truly hope you can find a safe way out of your situation.

1 Like

I have tried to tell her but she thinks I’m lying or she is just very ignorant. Because when I tried to tell her, she yelled over me and insulted me more. So I give up on talking to her. And I’ve told my counselor, actually, and she said she’d talk to my mom. But I’ve been avoiding my mom, So I don’t know if they’ve talked yet.

Thank you for responding.

I haven’t talked to any teachers since I don’t really know how to open up to people that well if it’s not online. I even have to type some major topics down for my counselor to see so we can actually talk about it.

Thank you for responding.

That situation really sounds like it sucks man! There are definitely ways to get out of it though that don’t involve going out on your own or suicide. I know it probably doesn’t seem like it, but there are definitely people around that will help you. It may be hard to get their attention at first, but don’t give up trying! The more noise you make the more likely it is they will listen. Your counselor is probably the best person to help, but if you need more help on that front and would like to use chat or written communication instead of phone or in person, try to reach out via the chat at the domestic abuse hotline. https://www.thehotline.org/what-is-live-chat/. They should be able to help you find resources in your area that will listen and should be familiar with anxiety with talking to people. Please keep the forum informed here and if we can help we will!

1 Like