Holding Absence False Dawn Reaction - Therapist Reacts

This topic is from YOUTUBE where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

Our very own Taylor is a therapist. She also loves all things metal music. So we thought let’s take both of those things and start a therapist reacts series!

In this video Taylor is reacting to False Dawn by Holding-Absence !

• What mirror do you see yourself in?
  • How have you tried to control the future?
  • What small piece are you trying to grow?
2 Likes

Holding Absence is such an amazing band I love them so much

1 Like

i love your energy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First up… love this band. They never fail to be relateable to my exact circumstances.

Secondly, I love your take on the lyrics.

As someone who has had anger and behavioural issues all my life and only started taking 100% responsibility whenever I mess up regardless in my early 20s (I’m 25 and a half), often it feels like I’m in an endless loop of mess up, extreme regret, make inroads then mess up again. I’ve lost many friends due to it.

However, I actually found that bit about control that you mentioned extremely insightful and it isn’t something I otherwise considered. And from my perspective, when I warn people about my dark side, it’s more so they’re prepared for what may happen. But there is an element of control, you’re right

Thanks for your insight, it has helped me :heart:

1 Like

I love this so much!!!.

1 Like

you should really check out armageddon by boundaries! amazing lyrics

1 Like

Booked to see these live in November. Looking forward to it. (Love your hoodie BTW) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

the lyrics, specifically the chorus are HEART wrenching, but it’s so hard to not just want to smile and dance to the music aspect of it.

1 Like

For me the combination of the instrumentals and lyrics evoke a feeling that I describe as “I’m not going anywhere in life, but I’m okay with that”. I don’t know why but that expression helps to cope with things.
Like comming to terms with it, but knowing that I could be mistaken. A bit pessimistic with a tiny bit of optimism hidden in there.

1 Like

Me and my girlfriend both did this, she came from a long term abusive relationship and I came from a cycle of self destructive habits. Both of us said “you should go because I’m gonna hurt you” but something kept us fighting and I couldn’t be happier since breaking through that barrier. I think we just decided one day, we want to be together this cycle needs to stop so we will make it stop. I have cut my drinking significantly and have applied myself in school. It’s a life and relationship I felt I couldn’t achieve until she showed me the potential I had chosen to ignore because that was easier than accepting my current situation.

If I can do it, anyone can. I’m nothing special.

1 Like

You gotta do more Holding Absence!

1 Like

more holding absence songs please

1 Like

I really love the fact that you dont pause the song and you enjoy it first.

1 Like